Ditto!

G x
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Re: Trespass on SSSI sites
Sep 07, 2012, 14:26
goffik wrote:
Hi Sanctuary

I shouldn't get too caught up in the whole thread - there was an awful lot of point scoring going on, and a certain amount of sock puppetry - you know the drill. ;)

G x

Sanctuary, do please read the thread. I'm certain you'll find it very revealing.
Mustard
1043 posts

Sep 07, 2012, 14:31
goffik wrote:
Ditto!

G x

Double ditto, no returns ;p
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Sep 07, 2012, 15:51
goffik wrote:
Hi Sanctuary

I shouldn't get too caught up in the whole thread - there was an awful lot of point scoring going on, and a certain amount of sock puppetry - you know the drill. ;)

G x

Hi Goff. I had my say at the beginning which was enough for me. We'll always have differences of opinion, it wouldn't be much of a forum if we didn't, but keeping it more civil is a step in the right direction.
Mustard
1043 posts

Sep 07, 2012, 16:01
Sanctuary wrote:
We'll always have differences of opinion, it wouldn't be much of a forum if we didn't, but keeping it more civil is a step in the right direction.

Totally agree. I'd go a little further though, and say it's important to keep things RESPECTFUL
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Sep 07, 2012, 16:32
sanctuary wrote:
keeping it more civil is a step in the right direction.

My thoughts precisely. A little less bullying and sockpuppetry would also go a long way.

G x
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Edited Sep 07, 2012, 16:37
Sep 07, 2012, 16:37
goffik wrote:
sanctuary wrote:

My thoughts precisely. A little less bullying and sockpuppetry would also go a long way.

G x

Goffik, I understand 'sockpuppetry' (from reading TMA for many years) is a word you use to describe trolling. Would I be correct?

I saw no evidence of trolling at all in that thread. I saw a lot of debate but no trolling.

Could you tell me what exactly you are referring to?
Mustard
1043 posts

Sep 07, 2012, 16:40
goffik wrote:
sanctuary wrote:

G x

I've no idea what you mean by "sockpuppetry" in this context, but I've often found some of the responses to contrary opinions to be quite bullying in nature. It would be extremely nice if everyone could remember that we're all essentially on the same team. Everyone here has the welfare of our nation's ancient monuments close to their heart. If we disagree about the specifics, or about particular codes of conduct, it doesn't change the fact that we all still CARE. If everyone could remember that, and treat different opinions with respect and courtesy (if not agreement), then it would go a long way towards keeping things constructive and civil around here.
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Sep 07, 2012, 16:40
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
goffik wrote:
sanctuary wrote:

G x

Goffik, I understand 'sockpuppetry' (from reading TMA for many years) is a word you use to describe trolling. Would I be correct?

I saw no evidence of trolling at all in that thread. I saw a lot of debate but no trolling.

As someone who's followed the thread without contributing i was wondering this too.
A little heated at times maybe but i can't say i've read any trolling.
Maybe we have different definitions. ?
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Sep 07, 2012, 16:41
harestonesdown wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
goffik wrote:
sanctuary wrote:

G x

As someone who's followed the thread without contributing i was wondering this too.
A little heated at times maybe but i can't say i've read any trolling.
Maybe we have different definitions. ?

Aye, i'm totally puzzled by it.
Pages: 38 – [ Previous | 129 30 31 32 33 34 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index