Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
All Roads Lead Home (in correct place!)

11 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mr Hamhead
Mr Hamhead
1020 posts

Re: All Roads Lead Home (in correct place!)
Oct 06, 2011, 06:53
..well......wonderful advert for Cornwall with great shots of the moors and Mousehole and Cape Cornwall. Good to see Penglaze and the team dancing at St Buryan...nice film about Boscawen un......

...but....talk about making a mountain out of a molehill....you can virtually see the Cheeswring from the road at Minions....why would you need to find a hawthorn tree? Same with Paul and Mousehole...why not just walk down the hill?

Perhaps I'm missing the point!

...but....why did they drag Dick Gendle all the way down to Paul from East Cornwall for a short piece in the pub that had no relevance to routefinding? Knowing how to say pasty in Cornish isn't going to help you find your way anywhere.....

...and as for going into Lord Falmouth's estate...whose idea was that? public access is limited to the odd open day...they charge stupid prices for their tea....I wonder how much of our taxpayers money was spent onn that little section.

OK....I could go on...the voice over getting Dolly Pentreaths name wrong...but I won't!

If you didn't see it...I am sure it will be on i-player...turn the sound down and enjoy the visuals.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index