Making great things look bad

1 message
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Making great things look bad
Jul 22, 2002, 08:55
Someone from a local (Dublin) group left a message on my guestbook at the weekend which had uncanny timing. I don't check it that often and, when I did look on Sunday, I was amazed to see that he had mentioned the place that myself and Anthony Weir had just returned from.

He started to talk about a significant alignment that we had noticed as being glaringly obvious on our visit. Well, I thought, this is great! Local people finding great local things. It's good to know I'm not alone.

So, with interest, I poddled over to their website and was horrified. These significant alignments were hidden away amongst stories of the rising sun refracting off a lake, forming a laser beam and lighting a fire, where three runners would go and light other fies on the hill as beacons. What a load of tripe!!!!

This is a real shame. They are doing amazing work in the area and spouting fantasy and fiction that just makes their work look stupid. In doing this they are totally devaluing everything that is of merit.

So. Why do people do this? Why the new age Dames-ian fiction stories? I really can not understand these people.

Reading further on the site they are into all sorts of divining mumbo-jumbo too. There are perfectly good scientific reasons why divining works and these folks use it to hood-wink not only others but themselves too.

Anyway, I'm not going to put a direct link to their site in here, but if you want to see what I mean then search on google for "Heritage Awareness Group" and "Tallaght Hill" and you should find the article I'm on about.

What a waste of good investigative work.
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index