Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
America's Stonehenge

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: ah....sweeping generalistations......
Jun 06, 2002, 11:18
Well, I have been to the States but unfortunately it was to Atlanta and one should definitely not assume an impression of Americans from the south :-)

Once again I failed to make my point properly. See post below for ... erm .. excuses .. I mean reasons.
Martin
401 posts

Jun 06, 2002, 11:25
ha ha- never made it to the South- should it be avoided?!
Agree with your other post- even the 'America's Stonehenge' site ain't that good compared to the site and the folks who look after it- another project for Holy McG?? ;)
Scott7
174 posts

Jun 06, 2002, 11:26
ah 4W, you're a legend.

i know what you mean man. it's just that i'm so giddy with the US win over portugal that i was in fightin' mood when i wrote that previous message.

3 to 2 over portugal. wowza.

scott
BrigantesNation
1733 posts

Jun 06, 2002, 11:52
Hi chaps, while we are on the subject I'd just like to post a thought I have to do with US foreign policy (supposed lack of it and navel gazing) and UK press manipulation.

Remember that last train crash? how many people know that on that day there were three train crashes in Europe! what a coincidence. Not reported on national TV though - wonder why? Could it be that Europe's not that important and that we would not be so free to beat Mr Byers?

How did I know about the other train crashes? - CNN.

It's about time our press started showing us the news, not just what the press barrons and government want to show us.

The best press blackout I've seen in recent years has to be over BSE, we had to wait 6 years before the press told us it existed. No one has told us that the original BSE research (nearly 20 years ago) showed strong evidence that Scrapy in sheep had crossed over to cattle, causing BSE.

Anybody else noticed the invisible hand at work?
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

U Know it's true
Jun 06, 2002, 12:13
>
> Anybody else noticed the invisible hand at work?
>
Hey BrigantesNation,

step on over to U-Know! sometime; you'll fit right in

;-)
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Jun 06, 2002, 15:27
The other crashes were reported, i read about them, I think in the Guardian. I think they were a bit a small article, but it was there.

Realistically though, if seven people have died in a crash in N London and a few got hurt/died elsewhere, the Uk tends to have the headlines. I'm not saying it's not important, just less close to home, if you know what I mean.

I don't think it was the work of a 'terror network' either!
albion
25 posts

Re: America's Stonehenge
Jun 08, 2002, 03:16
I live in Boston which is not too far from this site (which is north of here in New Hampshire). Get in touch when you arrive and let me know if you will be in this area.
I have heard the guy who owns and runs America's Stonhenge is nice but perhaps a bit misguided in terms of what the actual history and origins of the site are. The Celtic Paganism class at Harvard has taken field trips there in the past...
Let us know how you find it...
Oh, and to the others on this thread, do please refrain from lumping all Americans together! It is a big country. And contrary to popular opinion, we didn't all vote for that idiot shrub!
I think the Brits on this list would not appreciate being stereotyped, either...easy though it would be to do so. (That's kinda how stereotypes work, innit?)

Cheers,
peg
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index