Wind Farms

10 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: Wind Farms
May 09, 2007, 23:17
I'd be quite happy to have a windfarm in my backyard, but having read up on some of the background to the ones proposed for North Northumberland, I was struck by the fact tha the company who stand to make the profit seem to have a bad rep in Denmark, where they'd been just about run out of town (or so it seemed from the reports, admittedly, these were reports fro anti-windfarm nimbyists...).

I guess the thing is, if it's gonna be done, it has to be done properly, and for the right reasons, not just because some ddgy bunch of venture capitalists see the opportunity for a quick buck by providing an inadequate product, then bogging off after the whole concept of renewable energy has been tainted by a badly implemented get rich quick scheme.

Im sure I remember reading* that tidal power is ultimately more effective, but much more expensive to develop at present. Hence, if it's being done for profit, it won't get done until other more cashworthy, but less useful options have been foisted on an uninformed and disempowered (npi) public.

The couple who own Duddo have turned down 6milion squids, so if that was the buy-off on offer, how much rofit stands to be made? This aint about clean electricity, it's about rich folk wanting to get richer.

*Could be totally wrong there, I have a crap memory...

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index