The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
'Brazilian Stonehenge' discovered

5 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
andygreyweather
94 posts

Re: 'Brazilian Stonehenge' discovered
May 15, 2006, 21:57
Last October I met two Brazilian pilots who had a huge interest in Avebury, knew about the Heathrow stones and had visited many stoney places I've yet to meet ... interestingly they had flown planes out of everywhere from Columbia to Russia, Thailand and Pakistan ... yet their tale of stone circles along the coast of Brazil, hidden in dense jungle clearings certainly drew my attention. They were a great couple of guys ... much in the Man from Delmonte style with a hint of Fantasy Island thrown in ... but they showed me some old B&W pics of what looked like Stone Circles and Avenues in Brazil! "The boulders from Brazil eh" I mused, before adding that I figured the Columbians'd be more into doing lines. They smiled with more teeth than a Bee Gees tribute band and off they went ... I thought about our meeting again as I visited stoney sites in New England and the Gulf of Mexico ... like the small circle at Crystal River (North of Tampa, Fl., USA) ... I'm sure the Brazilian story has more fizz than a can of Guarana Antarctica ... the Brazilan answer to Iron Brew ....

So if the Dutch were exporting beer to England 6000 years ago ... maybe the lost stone circle in Brazil explains the infestation of Costa Coffee bars over Star Bucks in Wiltshire .... hmmmmmmmmm ....

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index