Cornwall & Boleigh Fogou

9 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Boleigh Fogou
Jul 21, 2003, 14:18
>Boleigh is a bit of a strange situation. The info on >this site is now pretty clear that you need to call >in advance

sure, but to suss that I'd have to have seen the website first - I usually don't check if a megalith has a website done by its possessive owner granting permission!

>which I guess is the owner’s prerogative.

Indeed, but it is still definitely snotty. Loads of farmers haven't a clue why we would want to look at some lumps of rock, but they still let us walk through their crops or livestock.

Caer, these suposedly enlightened and spiritual people are the most excludingly possessive megalith landowners I've ever come across.

And it's not just the fact of excluding visitors simply cos they have the money to buy the place, but the note on the dor is so abrupt and insulting in it's tone. How fuckin enlighjtened.

>maybe they are getting more unexpected visitors >that they would like.

Like I said in my last post, they could have a 'fogou this way' sign and do away with the need to be personally bothered by people. Loads of farmers do this for their stones, and how many suffer desecration?

Seems like a bunch of arrogant fuckers with their heads up their arses if you ask me.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index