Head To Head
The Village Pump »
Venues in Bristol

8 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
1725 posts

Re: Venues in Bristol
Dec 11, 2017, 13:48
Some good venues mentioned in this thread (I should go out more) - The Thekla is in danger right now, as is The Fleece (facing a massive business rates hike - and funnily enough, new yuppie apartments being built nearby!).
There have been some great up and coming acts at the Louisiana over the years (Strokes, Sea Sick Steve, etc) that went on to bigger things.
Thunderbolt is great for old acts making surprise comebacks (Subway Sect type bands, Jazz Butcher, etc) and my mate Roy used to do a good reggae night there ("one drop promotions").
Exchange and Croft always good for hardcore, punk, stoner rock, psych etc.
Fiddlers in Bedminster has hosted some great World Music, Folk and Reggae but also sometimes surprises with bands like Dinosaur Jr. so worth keeping an eye on them.
Mr Wolf's do a nice open mike hosted by my mate Max, and sometimes put good bands on.
I've had some cracking nights at The Trinity - (Spiritualised, Stereolab, to name two).
There's often little things going on in places you wouldn't expect, so just keep yr ears open really - it's a great city and I'm proud to live here - I hope yr cousin enjoys it as much as I always have.
Hope that helps

The Village Pump Index