Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4683 posts

Edited Nov 10, 2017, 20:19
Re: Detectorists
Nov 10, 2017, 20:08
carol27 wrote:
What I liked about it was, again, the last 10 minutes, showing the life of a field..piece of land, with all the footprints of nature, wildlife & humans on it over time . Some of it, regarding the humans, perhaps a little cliched, but I didn't care. The effect of the plough for example. It has always been a conundrum for me, trying to visualise our special places in their natural, formative habitats..you know, the forestation / deforestation; the meadow fields / the cultivated land; the "natural" moorlands, or not.
I also adore Mackenzie Crook. Does that man sleep or eat ever? He's got a good brain i think x

The plough is a wonderful thing for detectorists and gives you two chances at the very least of 'sweeping' the same piece of land. And it's not all about treasure - well not the gold and silver kind of treasure anyway - but the simple kind of treasure like the horseshoe I detected 12" down two weeks ago. It was not 'horse' size, more pony but very thick and heavy which suggests it was a working shoe. What tales could it tell you ask yourself. It sits on a shelf at home now and gets people talking about the 'old days' when working the land was hard graft, not about political correctness or the X Factor or Strictly, but about real life in what for many was bloody hard times!

The Village Pump Index