R.I.P.

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4702 posts

R.I.P.
Aug 03, 2017, 18:03
Robert Hardy

A great actor right until the end. I suppose for me it was in All Creatures Great and Small as Siegfried that he excelled in, but of course played many other great roles. R.I.P.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5878 posts

Re: R.I.P. x 2
Aug 03, 2017, 18:20
Very sad. He was always a scene-stealer on screen, even if he played himself/Churchill mostly.

And Hywel Bennett gone too.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4702 posts

Aug 03, 2017, 20:03
thesweetcheat wrote:
Very sad. He was always a scene-stealer on screen, even if he played himself/Churchill mostly.

And Hywel Bennett gone too.

Oh I didn't know we'd lost him as well. Doesn't get much better does it!
Something else I didn't know was that he was married (for a while) to Cathy McGowan). He was excellent in Twisted Nerve. R.I.P.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
381 posts

Edited Aug 05, 2017, 01:44
Re: R.I.P.
Aug 05, 2017, 01:43
There was an interesting point made by my mrs about how All Creatures Great And Small had a thematic gap during the World War II setting, how for example cows still existed while my grandmother gave birth to my dad near the end of the war.

Sadly none of them are here to remind me, so I'll just assume that Jehovas Witnesses ripped off my grandfather in the immediate aftermath of World War II because they have no shame.

Cx
tomatoman
83 posts

Aug 05, 2017, 13:28
First encountered Hywell Bennett in a 1966 Wednesday Play written by Dennis Potter " Where the buffalo roam". He played a young vulnerable Welsh lad with an obsession with cowboy hats.
The line "....but that's Japan, Willy" resounded around our house for months!
spencer
spencer
2841 posts

Re: R.I.P.
Aug 05, 2017, 22:49
RIP to the pair of them
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4702 posts

R.I.P. Glen Campbell
Aug 09, 2017, 14:29
The music legend was behind songs such as ‘Rhinestone Cowboy’, ‘Wichita
Lineman’ and ‘By The Time I Get To Phoenix’ and was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2005, amid a glittering career that saw him release over 70 albums and sell 45 million records.

Respect...R.I.P. Glen
tomatoman
83 posts

Re: R.I.P. Glen Campbell
Aug 10, 2017, 12:10
Also a highly respected guitar session player in his early career. (Check out Youtube for some illustration of that.)
The Village Pump Index