The Village Pump »
Wheeeeeee Kend

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
8931 posts

Wheeeeeee Kend
Jul 14, 2017, 09:39
I've having a rest. I've stumbled into Friday, running on empty.

For the last couple of weekends I've been traveling and playing festivals. One down near Cardiff and another out near Kettering somewhere. Last week's saw me playing with THREE different bands!

In between all this, I've been working flat out on some pretty stressful design projects. I won't enlarge on what my day job entails, though. And even squeezed in a couple of midweek live appearances! One near home, just around the corner from my regular life drawing session. Yes, I managed both in the same evening! Just sitting in on hand percussion for a second set. And also one up in Staffordshire with an electronic duo.

So, some gentle gardening, housework and... hopefully, some hammock time.

What are you lot up to?
Kid Calamity
8931 posts

Re: Wheeeeeee Kend
Jul 14, 2017, 15:58
Just make something up, if you have to.
Locodogz
Locodogz
232 posts

Jul 14, 2017, 16:20
Chilled one

Few beers, bbqs, bike ride with my eldest and generally pottering about

It's been a bit of a stressful week and I can't wait!!!!
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Edited Jul 14, 2017, 23:20
Jul 14, 2017, 21:50
Oh! They opened the Proms with John Adams. Was wondering why this filling in airtime before Frankie Boyle sounded a bit CNN.

"Might I but moor tonight in thee"

Ooh er missus.

Jesus Christ, I'm off to bury myself into a duvet set to On The Transmigration of Souls, that was singularly the most jarring sequence of mood transition I've ever witnessed on BBC2, and I don't even watch BBC2!

Note to self, new composition idea for BBC Proms - all male religious icons to be represented in outline form using only racks of crotales tuned to every audible frequency, working title "Fill His Tines"
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5850 posts

Jul 15, 2017, 05:45
Waiting in anticipation for Sunday's announcement of who will be the next Doctor.
Kid Calamity
8931 posts

Edited Jul 17, 2017, 10:03
Jul 17, 2017, 09:45
Well, the hammock didn't make an appearance, sadly.

I did masses of gardening, though. Well, it's more of a lush jungle experience theme park, really - so 'gardening' meant a lot of strimming and hacking out lots of ivy.

Saturday evening was spent with local chums - too much to drink and an Indian takeaway, beneath our twinkly lights dotted about various trees, a big fire and loud music. Lovely.

Sunday, nursing mild hangovers, Lady Calamity and i drove out to my favourite beach Ynyslas, for a splash about in the lovely warm waves.

And somehow... I fitted in mixing a tune: https://soundcloud.com/user-658181327/veering-beyond
spencer
spencer
2843 posts

Jul 17, 2017, 11:22
Lush jungle experience theme park :) (good album title too) Ynyslas: grrr
Kid Calamity
8931 posts

Jul 17, 2017, 11:26
I took some lovely shots among the dunes, too. I'll try and upload them to Flickr, over the next few days.
Dick Chamberlix
6 posts

Jul 17, 2017, 14:15
...... sounds like you need a rest . We don't have weekends here in the Rainforest , some-one might mention it's Monday now and again but not often
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1534 posts

Jul 17, 2017, 17:24
I found out a sad thing about a friend (posted it on your facebook)

:o(

Went to see War for The Planet of The Apes

:o)
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index