Jan 13, 2017, 15:03
Is it time we another?
Moon Cat
9702 posts

Re: WEEKEND threads...
Jan 13, 2017, 20:40
Kid Calamity wrote:
Is it time we another?

I will be doing tidying. I would much rather a team of topless, silver space maidens from planet Sexynicks were helping me out, but I'm thinking that's unlikely.

Bah.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
877 posts

Jan 13, 2017, 20:55
They've not finished my house yet.

I might send them up when they've finished in the bathroom though.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
877 posts

Jan 13, 2017, 20:57
May as well.

I may pop out tomorrow night as I quite fancy a night out in Cardiff to pay a (likely) final visit to Dempseys/Four Bars which the brewery have decided to close down and gentrify.
Toni Torino
2276 posts

Jan 13, 2017, 21:27
Seeing an old mate tomorrow from when we were working in Turin around the millennium. Borough Market. There's a pie shop that does gluten-free fayre. I've not had a decent pie in over a decade. Hoping against hope they do puff pastry. God, my goals are little ones these days.
FOMouse
FOMouse
228 posts

Jan 13, 2017, 21:54
Toni Torino wrote:
I've not had a decent pie in over a decade.

The horror! The Horror!
spencer
spencer
2843 posts

Jan 14, 2017, 03:33
That's right, you call 'it' back home
spencer
spencer
2843 posts

Jan 14, 2017, 03:51
Finished a bee garden I've been working on for months on Thurs, customer handed over cheque, I drove off. Ten seconds later, bang. My Landy lost drive to front and rear axles on a hill. And handbrake. I rolled it slowly down to side of road, found out about handbrake, tried to roll it a little bit further back from someones driveway and..a little crunch noise: I'd rolled into someone's Merc estate. Fortunately they were cool about it being fellow vintage vehicle nut: understood my predicament. Anyway, first job is to meet AA truck and get it loaded. Gearbox f****d. Bye all the money I'd made and then some. Positive side: at least it wasn't the M1. After overseeing unloading at my Chesterfield garage I'm off to work to start paying for it. Guit twang in eve or MOTD, then to Harrogate's Harlow Carr Gardens Sunday.. I'm researching for a book I'm going to write. Then MOTD2, mebe a SOO-Ly sesh: three weeks worth. Can't find that roundtuit anywhere. Mebe FOM's eaten it.
Stevo
Stevo
6703 posts

Edited Jan 14, 2017, 11:11
Jan 14, 2017, 07:03
Attempt to get myself together to thoroughly springclean. Need to majorly overhaul.

Have a look at computer and hope I can get hard drives that failed before Xmas back up.

Start doing the garment cutting and making. Have 2 shirts that were left unfinished before Xmas to complete and a load of stuff to begin.
Took me way too long to start last year and I need that not to repeat. Have already fixed the jeans I did before Xmas whose stitching undid while I was away. So that's the 1st step.
Also need to work out how to cut a jacket from fabric that has a larger and less central design than I'd assumed. Need to cut for that design and minimum wastage.

Watch the beginning of series 2 of No Offence. Just watched series 1 and enjoyed it.
Watch some more Brett Sherlocks think I'm halfway through series 3.
The Village Pump Index