Re: What you watching 2
Dec 22, 2016, 11:46
I saw that one! Very good.
Kid Calamity
8944 posts

Dec 22, 2016, 11:47
Captain Starlet wrote:
Yeah been watching that from the start and really enjoying it. Got series 4 here to watch at some point.

Series 4 was very good. That daughter is starting to annoy me a little, though.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Dec 22, 2016, 15:14
Just started watching a new Netflix thing 'The OA', very good so far, difficult to explain/describe though. Also 'The 3%' is a reasonably good sci-fi series.

Waiting mainly for the new seasons of 'The Expanse' and 'Better call Saul'.
carol27
761 posts

Edited Dec 28, 2016, 18:37
Dec 28, 2016, 18:37
A repeat of All Aboard; a Sleigh Ride on the I player. Beautiful & soothing. I've watched it twice now. As my boys say..I am getting old. They secretly like it though. I can tell.
spencer
spencer
2841 posts

Dec 28, 2016, 20:04
What I w o u l d watch if I could get on Youtube is The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off. Cuts you to pieces but afterwards you're in a way glad it has. It's about dealing with profound adversity, looking life and death in the eye, and is not in any way morbid. You will probably need tissues...and gain, or regain, perspective.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
381 posts

Edited Dec 30, 2016, 04:34
Dec 30, 2016, 04:29
It's Travellers on Netflix now - FINALLY a series that transcends its high concept and brings characterisation into a more dense light. Ok, it's gone a bit stupid now with its "gifts from the future" endless what do we do now,

"but at least it's not Harry bloody Potter!"

ugh, I feel dirty even saying that little wizard brat's name.

Oh. I was about to rail on how cynical marketing exercises make a story not worth breathing but there are forces on this planet that you are best not messing with.

Like that Mark and Lard style David Bowie parody album entitled "SLACK BRAT" that I'm bollocksed if I'm about to take the piss out of death itself

Just end up mocking postgraduates forced to work in chain restaurants over a sustained phrygian drone.

Then throwing up over the audience because you never leave the house.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4704 posts

Jan 21, 2017, 21:17
The Time Travellers Wife...superb!
carol27
761 posts

Jan 21, 2017, 21:27
Sanctuary wrote:

Now then Roy I've disagreed with your politics & Arrival, but this film is gorgeous, & again, I cried for a week, it don't take much:) You should read the book.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4704 posts

Jan 21, 2017, 21:49
carol27 wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:

Now then Roy I've disagreed with your politics & Arrival, but this film is gorgeous, & again, I cried for a week, it don't take much:) You should read the book.

You big softy Carol :-)

Have you watched Harry Brown yet? Not a weepy but a great Michael Caine performance of a pensioner and his friends harassed by yobs on a council estate.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2306 posts

Jan 21, 2017, 21:54
That had more science fiction in it than anything in Arrival.
Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index