Sky At Night - Review of the Year
Dec 11, 2016, 22:03
Sky At Night - Review of the Year, just started BBC4
mingtp
mingtp
2254 posts

Re: What you watching 2
Dec 13, 2016, 14:46
Finished watching Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on Netflix in the wee hours this morning - absolutely brilliant. Gonna pick up the books soon but I can highly recommend the TV series - best thing I've seen in ages.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7347 posts

Dec 13, 2016, 17:20
I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has come up already.

The latest series of Comedy Feeds is on BBC 3 and I found the fist 6 a bit disappointing overall. Then they threw in one more called Ackee and Saltfish, which I found delightful. It's only 11 minutes long, so won't ruin your day if you don't like it.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Edited Dec 15, 2016, 03:03
Dec 15, 2016, 02:52
I've just remembered holistic assassin lady in BBC America's Max Landis re-imagining of Dirk Gently is actually quite funny. And there was me missing mushroom season.

Terrible job this half dead reading of worst reviews to bolster your own pit of an ego having never read any Douglas Adams, but out of the "throw algorithm at wall, see what bounces" nepotist version of Stephen Mangan's googley eyes lead character.

AND - it has Boomer the Cylon's engineering boyfriend playing Mr Plinkett from the redlettermedia Star Wars reviews of THE PAST!

It's really a neat little gift that wants you to not be a cynical twunt about, because Chronicle.

"Oooh, look at me being all teeny American!"

Anyway, what's the point of a review when it's the only decent thing on Netflix worth watching if you like comics.

Or nothing.

Nothing's better than comics. Even actual death.

Releasing ten million tonnes of squid ink onto the land and letting it trickle back into the sea.

And Daniel Ratcliffe plays the lead character.
carol27
761 posts

Dec 17, 2016, 16:22
Dog in fog wrote:
carol27 wrote:
I really like Samantha Morton, & I quite like Tim Roth so Rillington Place. I love 10 Rillington Place, Dickie Attenborough (darling Dickie); I think it's brilliant ( love maybe out of context concerning such an apparently ghastly shitface), but, there you go great acting is great acting imho.
I also really enjoyed The Missing, largely because of Tcheky Aayro who played Baptiste,the detective. Splendid actor.

I really like Samantha Morton, too. Did you ever see Band of Gold (TV series from the 90s) and also her appearance in Cracker (episode The Big Crunch). Bloody hell, that was more than acting.

I've just rewatched The Big Crunch; I'll try Band of Gold next. Thankyou. She really struck me, relatively recently alongside the brilliant Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Synecdoche..a film that I'm not sure I can make head nor tail of:)
Dog in fog
Dog in fog
251 posts

Edited Dec 18, 2016, 15:01
Dec 18, 2016, 14:59
carol27 wrote:
Dog in fog wrote:
carol27 wrote:
I really like Samantha Morton, & I quite like Tim Roth so Rillington Place. I love 10 Rillington Place, Dickie Attenborough (darling Dickie); I think it's brilliant ( love maybe out of context concerning such an apparently ghastly shitface), but, there you go great acting is great acting imho.
I also really enjoyed The Missing, largely because of Tcheky Aayro who played Baptiste,the detective. Splendid actor.

I really like Samantha Morton, too. Did you ever see Band of Gold (TV series from the 90s) and also her appearance in Cracker (episode The Big Crunch). Bloody hell, that was more than acting.

I've just rewatched The Big Crunch; I'll try Band of Gold next. Thankyou. She really struck me, relatively recently alongside the brilliant Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Synecdoche..a film that I'm not sure I can make head nor tail of:)

Her performance as Tracey in Band of Gold was superb and shockingly convincing. Then when you learn years and years later of Samantha's troubled childhood, it becomes even more remarkable. She was only 17 or 18 when acting those parts. I take my hat off to her.

PS Thanks for the tip - I haven't heard of that one.
Toni Torino
2272 posts

Dec 18, 2016, 17:34
Robert Rauschenberg: Pop Art Pioneer - Alastair Sooke-presented programme about Rauschenberg's life and work. Very warm and sympathetic. Retrospective at Tate Modern is on now.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2063 posts

Dec 19, 2016, 14:55
Well I didn't enjoy the Harry Enfield episode or the next one, but Meera Syal made good viewing
1001realapes
1001realapes
1928 posts

Dec 22, 2016, 02:19
You Live In What?

Cool show on HGTV,
streaming on Netflix

Unusual buildings
converted into homes.
Stevo
Stevo
6703 posts

Dec 22, 2016, 09:28
Does that end with the passenger jet in the forest? If so saw it a couple of years back.
Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index