1 message
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Five
Five
960 posts

SIAMESE, the Bond, th' Shank, Makutb etc
Apr 05, 2003, 04:53
Dig it, that there are now some amazing bands in Seattle:

SIAMESE (my favorite live band in the world this year) plays 200bpm LIVE drumnbass with full-on freejazz improv abilities, they're about to play a fest in New Orleans, siamesebeat.com
NEON BROWN is a duo of brothers with homemade touch guitar and drumkit, very smooth psychedelia, they do improv nights 2x a month and you can hear clips of that at NEONBROWN.COM, I'm on a few of 'em
Th' SHANK is my band, bloody grooverock with harmolodic / dada frontin' actual songs and real channelling, piratemusic.tv is a good place to learn more and hear MP3s
PAWN COUNCIL, big heavy rock band with stompling mathematical intricacy and hooks
THE BOND, psycherockgrass with electric banjo which brings us to
GUARDIAN ALIEN, heavy complexmeter rock with electric banjo, bass and drums, new cd out called Deep Space, there's a website but I forget the URL
MAKTUB doesn't need any help, but they play some damn fine sweet soul with ace frontdude REGGIE WATTS and his golden pipes leadin' it all along, they got a site, too
BOSSACANOVA playin' latin-tinged funk, my second favorite Seattle band (after Siamese), with Adam Hunter playin' lead guitar and singin', Allison Noel on babyangelvoice and flute, Carlos on bass and Micheal O"Doherty on th' drumz
JIVE TURKEY plays soul but much raunchier than Maktub, including the epic "I Lose Time (When My Watch Is Underwater)," Ty Willman sings and Jeremy Lightfoot (from Siamese) plays bass, the great Ron Weinstein (Crack Sabbath w/ Skerik)plays B3, Mike Stone (Tuatara and others) on drumz, Rob Lyons on guitar

LOTS GOIN' ON OUT HERE ON THE WEST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES speakin strickly in terms of music

good luck everybody
-5-
Unsung Forum Index