Unsung Forum »
Love Live 1968 "Update"

1 message
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Razor Penguin
84 posts

Love Live 1968 "Update"
Apr 01, 2003, 18:41
As promised many moons ago, here is an update on the situation with the Love live tapes from 1968.

Here's what my friend says in a recent missive:

"As for the '68 live Love show, a trading buddy of mine from Seattle ... sold it to a lawyer in Los Angeles about 5 years ago. He didn't want to keep it and wouldn't copy it for fear of getting sued. I do remember he said "Smokestack Lightning" is on there and most of "Forever Changes." ... Anyway, a couple of years later I did a trade with someone who works for the Jimi Hendrix estate who also recently put out a live Love album from '91 and was actually in contact with the lawyer to negotiate a deal for the '68 live tapes (small world). That was about 2 years ago."

So it looks like the deal fell through (for now) and the tapes are gathering dust in some overpaid lawyer's cabinet. I think a bunch of Love freaks should pool some money together and hire a cleaning person to rip off the tapes so that people can actually listen to this music.

Someday this tape will reach our ears. If the Neu! stuff could come out, this can too. I do wish the guy in Seattle had made a cassette dub first! Actually I suspect that he did and isn't admitting it.
Unsung Forum Index