Unsung Forum »
listening to music

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Telepathine
371 posts

Re: listening to music
Jan 20, 2003, 21:08
Just because i play something to death, doesn't mean that it's any less loved, or even discarded, just that i move on to other things... i guess you could say i cleanse the palate if i wanted to sound like a twat.
I can see argueing the toss with you would be alittle like pissing in the wind, it always comes back on you.
Maaan, i get sick os Psueds. So how are we supposed to listen, in uninterupted isolation, in a darkened room, with the super expensive hi fi we just sold our house to buy?
Nahhh!! again I'll say, it's a subjective matter, it's whatever works for you. You gonna enlighten us on how to go to the lav' properly next?
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Jan 20, 2003, 21:09
so what is the difference between the context of coltrane and ac/dc - is their one its all rock n roll

yes my goal is the ultimate album which i play over and over however that album will change and evolve over time and space
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Jan 20, 2003, 21:11
so how do u know what it is about something that u like or dont like if u dont find out why
TightPurpleShirt
281 posts

Jan 20, 2003, 21:13
Welcome back Shrimp!

Sometimes i listen to loads of albums during the week while other weeks i ll just play a couple of albums to death... I have My Bloody Valentine - Loveless playing as i write this and i AM listening to it. It's nice to just sit down or relax stretched out on the sofa with your eyes closed in front of the stereo sometimes and give your whole attention to your music but usually i have it on all the time no matter what im doing, same goes for when im at work, i could do a soundtracks to my week just based on todays listening. Like Beebon ive really lost what i was trying to get at with this post, I think what im trying to say is that sometimes i listen and sometimes i let the music wash over and through me while doing stuff.

Play it loud

TpS
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Jan 20, 2003, 21:20
but u are listening to some of your fave albums and have already apprasied them through repeated listens to get them there

my music is foreground not background however it sometimes takes the middleground and that is fine by me
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Jan 20, 2003, 21:22
i meant in terms of your mbv current listening
TightPurpleShirt
281 posts

Jan 20, 2003, 21:23
There is no listening to music.

Someone mentioned The Wire,

I really have a problem with The Wire.

They over intellectualize and rarely if ever 'Listen'

The Wire, the mag i can't see myself ever buying.

Music shouldn't be listened to, it should be felt.

TpS
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Jan 20, 2003, 21:25
ive read the wire once and that was enough

music needs to be listened to first before it can be felt however u dont just need your ears and i agree
TightPurpleShirt
281 posts

Jan 20, 2003, 21:26
By the way welcome back again!

TpS
ron
ron
706 posts

Jan 20, 2003, 22:00
ahhh... tha's my boy! winning friends and influencing people all over ; )

actually i can see your point of argument, as i tend to put something on and leave it for a while... i believe that morrison's (jim that is) "american prayer" has been in my player for well over the past 3 weeks... thus my hesitancy to post in sounds tracks of our lives (s.t.o.o.l.(?) eeks!)

anyways glad ur back.. (had u ran off with the fair nat, per'aps?) but i think mostly its because im back but nowt said a thang to me... i still can't believe that 6 hours in amsterdam kicked my head in that i couldn't make a coheriant post for months...

x
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index