Jarboe - Cry Me a River
Neneh Cherry - Kootchi
Nina Simone - Sinnerman
Rickie Lee Jones - Dannys All Star Joint
bonus
18 posts

Re: Feeling Up My Feminine Side
Jan 19, 2003, 18:42
This compilation's now taking fine shape.
I d/loaded the Janis Joplin track I originally mentioned but it's not the version I was looking for.
The one I want has the mashed, mid-section monologue
'I don't understand how come you're gone, man. I don't understand why half the world is still crying, man, when the other half of the world is still crying too, man, I can't get it together. I mean, if you got a cat for one day, man ¡ª I mean, if you, say, say, if you want a cat for 365 days, right ¡ª You ain't got him for 365 days, you got him for one day, man. Well I tell you that one day, man, better be your life, man. Because, you know, you can say, oh man, you can cry about the other 364, man, but you're gonna lose that one day, man, and that's all you've got. You gotta call that love, man. That's what it is, man. If you got it today you don't want it tomorrow, man, 'cause you don't need it, 'cause as a matter of fact, as we discovered in the train, tomorrow never happens, man. It's all the same fucking day, man.'

Ace.
I done a little researck but still can't suss out where it was recorded. Anyone know?
Right, I'll begin d/loading Parsley's suggestions.
Anyone know a particular righteous Patti Smith tune that meets the bill.
Bonus
PS. Talking of Bjork, does anyone remember the spanish version of 'I will always love you' that appeared in her breezeblock mix. Oddly powerful enough to negate the novelty factor.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re: Feeling Up My Feminine Side/patti
Jan 19, 2003, 20:14
How about "Pissing in the River" ?

or

"Victory"

or

"Dancing Barefoot"

or.....
Son Of Alice
41 posts

or...
Jan 19, 2003, 23:46
Because The Night

I can't possibly be the only one here who likes that song.
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Re: or...
Jan 19, 2003, 23:54
Believe it. How about her cover of 'Crystal Ship' ?
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jan 20, 2003, 09:56
The teaches of Peaches.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Huh?
Jan 20, 2003, 10:48
No-one's mentioned Kate Bush! Choose pretty much anything she's done and it's feminist and sexy. The Sensual World really will do it though.

And, Yoko Ono - Wouldnit (the version on Rising)
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Jan 30, 2003, 22:21
"Right, I'll begin d/loading Parsley's suggestions."

Just curious, did you like any of them ?
direwolf
92 posts

Jan 31, 2003, 03:13
I can't think of anything that meets your 3 criteria any better than the DONNAS - 40 Boys in 40 Nights.
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Re: P.j...Harvy Lovely girl!!
Jan 31, 2003, 10:03
Used to drink with her all the time in our pub 'The Butchers Arms' Yeovil, lovely girl... John Parish is a mate of my Steve's nice bloke too! She's incredibly shy, but what a voice on her!! Amazing... I have a copy of 'Baby in a Plastic Bag' by Grape that she sings backing vocals on and aparently it's now worth more than the £1.25 I paid for it in 1989!! tee hee ;o)

For feeling up yer Feminine Side can't go wrong with Babes in Toyland, Throwing Muses, Belly, Breeders, Bleach etc... Steve calls them my PMT music! His feminine side consists of Atomic Kitten... hmmm I say nothing.....
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index