Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
The Acid Trash Jamboree - A YouTube Channel Dedicated to Strange Music (and Films!)

10 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Acid_Trash
10 posts

Edited Mar 25, 2024, 16:57
Re: The Acid Trash Jamboree - A YouTube Channel Dedicated to Strange Music (and Films!)
Mar 25, 2024, 16:55
BrownRice wrote:
This is fantastic to see and hear. I played a few sessions with Julian around this time and then lost touch with him. Although I’ve kept a bit of an eye on the releases, I’ve never really put the time into seeing if any of the stuff I played was used or not. Listening now, I’m 99% sure those are my keyboard tracks on Absalom & Ahitophel. Very interesting to hear them again! Great work on the video!

Nice one, that's ace- thanks so much for watching the video and for the kind words!

Thanks also to everyone else who's checked out the channel and/or subscribed since I posted about it here, it's much appreciated!

Anyways, a new video just 'dropped'...

Episode 28 - Box Sets of Doom! Hartmut Geerken / Michael Ranta "The Heliopolar Egg" (5 x CD - Art Into Life)

Watch here:

https://youtu.be/XO28NnRyEzg

In this episode we take a look at "The Heliopolar Egg" by the Sun Ra/Karlheinz Stockhausen collaborators Hartmut Geerken and Michael Ranta- a sprawling, frequently fantastic collection of esoteric improvised music from the 1970s, which mixes up free jazz, drone, noisy proto-industrial electronics and all manner of ethnic folk styles into an intoxicating and thoroughly heady sonic brew!

Ranta and Geerken are/were both keen travellers, putting on multi-media events in countries like Iran, India, Bangladesh, the Philippines, South Korea and Japan, extracts of which can be heard on this box set.

For fans of Taj Mahal Travellers, Takehisa Kosugi, Group Ongaku, Kluster, Don Bradshaw-Leather, AMM, Limbus, MEV, Anima Sound, Throbbing Gristle, Third Ear Band, Gruppo d'Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza, Conrad Schnitzler, Aktuala, DOM, Kalacakra, Vibracathedral Orchestra, Pelt etc.

Essential listening in other words!

Unsung Forum Index