14 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Edited Apr 01, 2022, 15:04
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 26 March 2022 CE
Mar 28, 2022, 08:52
Angel’s Flight - Biosphere
Last year's offering from Norwegian composer, Geir Jenssen. Generally labelled ‘ambient’ but this is pretty much a modern day classical album in many ways. He’s released another one already but I’ve not heard it yet.

Red Mecca - Cabaret Voltaire
I had a strange urge to hear this late the other night. So I dug it out, turned out the lights and listened to these still strange sounds on my own in the dark. No-one can say I don't know how to have a good time.

Sonancy - Loop
First Loop album in more than 30 years. On the strength of one listen…it sounds great!

S/T - The Notwist
I have loved The Notwist since their early 2000’s Neon Golden album. An absolute classic IMO. I knew that their early stuff was supposed to be very different but had never really investigated until I got this 30th anniversary edition. Blimey. It’s like a totally different band and the extent of their metamorphosis is pretty much on par with, say, Talk Talk or Ministry. Only some of the vocals are recognisable here - and I say some and definitely not all. Anyway, as much as I love them I can’t see this ever becoming a favourite as it is way too trad rock for my liking. Done well if you like that kind of thing though.

Bilingual - Pet Shop Boys
One of my fave PSB’s albums. Choc full of tunes!

Invasion / Murder One - Alan Vega
Not for the faint-hearted!

Also…
Junior Mix(d) EP - Bell Towers
Territory EP - Bell Towers

Clinker - Campbell.Mallinder.Benge

B-Sides & Rarities Part I - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Veiled State - Ekca Liena

The Hill The Light The Ghost - Haiku Salut

All Mod Cons - The Jam

For Leolanda - Maria Moles

The Alias Sessions - Murcof