Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 12 February 2022 CE

9 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 12 February 2022 CE
Feb 13, 2022, 22:37
Roxy Music - S/T - For Your Pleasure - Stranded. I think FYP might be my fav.

Black Country, New Road - Ants from up here. Not as good as the first for me - although it seems to be getting rave reviews.

Michael Chapman - Navigation. Pretty strong effort from the mid 90's. Has 'It Aint so' and 'Mallard' on it which are two of his stronger songs and tended to feature in his live sets if memory serves.

Micah P Hinson - At the BBC - Micah P Hinson and the Gospel of Progress. Didn't seem as worthy as the Late Cord mini album

Stravinsky - The Rite of Spring. A revelation to me. Not sure why it took so long to check out. Recognized one of the tracks from a Red Snapper sample.

The Membranes - What Nature Gives... Didn't really gel. Can't really shake off the impression that they're not a proper band although they seemed to be doing things that I wouldn't normally mind.

Melt Yourself Down - Last Evenings on Earth

Melanie De Biasio - Blackened Cities. Very strong moody and modern jazz

Meg Baird & Mary Lattimore - Ghost Forests. Liked it the first time, but less so the 2nd and third! Aint that just like me. Meg seemed to be doing the heavy lifting. She certainly has a way with a tune. Singer from Espers for the uninitiated.

Unsung Forum Index