Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 1 January 2022 CE

8 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 1 January 2022 CE
Jan 02, 2022, 17:37
Happy new year all. So glad to see the arse end of 2021, the year that just kept on giving right up to the end. Our old fella pussy cat passed away on Dec 31st. For the first time in nearly 30 years we don't have a moggy in the house. It's a weird feeling :( Anyways, not done this for a while, so probably won't totally recall the weeks of noise, but here goes...

The Ravonettes - In and Out Of Control
Cate Le Bon - Me Oh My
Bauhaus - Sky's Gone Out/ Press The Eject
Dollkraut - Holy Ghost People
Bowie - Best Of 2CD
Donovan - Best Of
The Constantines - Shine A Light
Big Youth - Dread Locks Dread
Disrupt - Foundation Bit
Techno Animal - Brotherhood Of The Bomb
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
Iggy - The Idiot
Cabaret Voltaire - Sound of Sheffield
Coil - Astral Disaster demos (3rd vinyl)/Swanyard
Liminanas - I've Got Trouble In Mind Vol:2/ De Peculiar*
Vanishing Twin - Ookii Gekkou*
Wooden Shjips - Vol:2
Beck - Geuro
Broadcast - Tender Buttons
Spider and the Flies - Something Clockwork This Way Comes/ Teslabeat 7"
Cope - Self Civil War/Peggy
Bunnymen - Crocodiles/Crystal Days Box
Blondie - Parallel Lines
Fu Manchu - Go For it (Live)
Mark Stewert and the Mafia - Metatron/As The Veneer of Democracy....
Toulouse Low Trax - Jumping Dead Leafs
Population II - A La O Terre
Killing Joke - Pandemonium/Turn to Red EP
Morgan Delt - Morgan Delt

That's about it. Got the family to club together to purchase probably the most expensive book I've ever had at £60, Coil - The Universe is a Haunted House.
Arrived with bashed in corners (careless fuckin' couriers/bad Packing? who knows?) so not totally happy, and tbh, I'm not sure the contents warrant the price, so ho hum, as a Coil nut you never live and learn.
Also was given the Will Sargeant Bunnymen Memoir. Which is written in a nicely readable anecdotal style, though I've just past 200 odd pages and he's only just got together with 'Macul', so be forewarned if you're thinking of getting it. Old Will had a tough time as a kid, amazing he turned into the lovely fella he is. Also picked up the Nik Turner 'Hawkwind biog' on ebook, which I have to say, so far isn't all I would have wished for. Certainly not a patch on Joe Banks wonderful and exhaustive Hawkwind tome. Also gifted a 2000AD subscription for their 45th year in print, which I must admit I'm looking forward too massively.

Well, onwards and upwards. Keep safe y'all, and let's hope 2022 is a better feckin' year (please)!!!!.

Unsung Forum Index