Copes Notes #2 Droolian

59 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jeez
98 posts

Edited Dec 18, 2021, 13:50
Re: Copes Notes #2 Droolian
Dec 18, 2021, 13:10
Track 9 is as you say Louis 14th and is erroneously missing from the tracklist.
Track 14 is not the first track of Droolian's Mother, but an 18 second announcement that program one has ended and program two is about to start. Ha ha! Just in case ya don't know where the first album ends :-).

This cd seems to be mastered very well - it sounds great! (Edit-I just noticed the blurb says unremastered. That's why it sounds so good.)
Oh how I love Droolian the album. Recorded in 1990, but I think it was in 1992 that this album got me heavily into Julian in the first place (I heard it first after Peggy Suicide & Floored Genius) - it was unlike any other music and you could not tell where he was going to go to next. I loved Look After Your Leathers with the grape jelly reference (I'd never heard of it) and the great Mac impression. The music on that track seemed to fit well with Julian's (and mine at the time) ancient neolithic starry mind set. I really liked the spontaneous one-take and sometimes off a tape cassette LOOSE character of it and the audacity of putting this stream of consciousness onto an album really hooked me.
I'm just listening to the Droolian's Mother part now, and tbh it seems to fit like a glove with the old tracks. Maybe most of the music is from around 1989/90 but I reckon a couple of the vocals are perhaps partly recent, tho they are frikkin great. 24/7 Cunt and All Night Worker sound like funky Peggy Suicide outtakes.
Haven't read the book yet - can't wait to read it.
This series really is fantastic for us Heads and I hope it continues. It's great stuff! Julian on top form yet again imo. All I could ask for.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index