Soundtracks To Our Lives w/e 24/10/20

12 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives w/e 24/10/20
Oct 26, 2020, 13:39
Ma – Devendra Banhart
I wasn't keen on his last one but this is rather lovely and has been getting a lot of plays here.

World Shut Your Mouth – Julian Cope
Semi-Legal On The Edge Of Culture – Dope
I celebrated the Arch Drude's birthday last week by listening to his fabulous debut solo LP. Head Hang Low is one of my favourite ever tracks, but this week Strasbourg, An Elegant Chaos and The Lunatic & Fire Pistol were the ones that really did it for me. File under 'Flawed Masterpiece!'

Egypt Station - Paul McCartney
I've been playing this 2018 Macca album a lot of late. I'm not that familiar with a lot of his post-Wings stuff so I'm not in a position to say whether, as some say, it's his best in a long time but it is very enjoyable indeed!

Cum On Feel The Hitz – Slade
As a fan of their big rivals, I had an on-off, love/hate relationship with these fella's! Nonetheless I love some of theirs, especially Coz I Love You and the under-rated In For A Penny. Funny how some records still get played nowadays but others seem to get forgotten about and Take Me Bak 'Ome definitely fits into that latter category. It got to number one for god's sake but you just never hear it these days.

Also...
Roisin Machine – Roisin Murphy

Red – Black Uhuru

Gold Record – Bill Callahan

La Vita Nuova (EP) – Christine & the Queens

I Grow Tired But Dare Not Fall Asleep - Ghostpoet

Fall To Pieces – Tricky

10:20 - Wire

Unsung Forum Index