Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 April 2020 CE

11 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 April 2020 CE
Apr 19, 2020, 22:08
Live At The Royal Albert Hall 1974 – Bryan Ferry
Only played this the once, but seemed entertaining enough.

Sniper – Marc Hurtado / Alan Vega
Saturday Drive Baby has a more poppy Dream Baby Dream feel, but for the most part this 2010 album is pretty uncompromising stuff.

The Long Goodbye – Pere Ubu
Forty odd years into their/his career and Ubu/David Thomas is still making some really interesting records. This 2019 album is a great example. Totally uncompromising, with DT sounding at times like some drunk, demented sailor singing sea shanties that he has only imagined inside his head.

Berlin – Lou Reed
Just read Mick Wall's Lou Reed: The Life, though to be honest it's more about The Music than The Life that features in the title, but that was OK with me. Anyway, I thought I'd listen to one of the classics. Gotta say though, as much as I still love the Velvets, I don't necessarily enjoy a lot of the solo stuff as much as I used to do (I've never been so keen on, say, Growing Up In Public but that's a different story!)

Overdubbed – Sly & Robbie Meet Dubmatix
This 2018 release has really grown on me. A very decent modern reggae album.

Vive Le Void – Vive Le Void
2018 solo project of Sanae Yamada, co-founder and keyboard player of Moon Duo. Hypnotic, repetitive and up there with MD's best stuff.

Also...
Drinking Gasoline – Cabaret Voltaire

Again – Colder

The Sun Moon & Herbs – Dr John

I – Follakzoid

Beautiful Rewind – Four Tet

The Fame Monster / The Fame – Lady Gaga

Wide Awaaaaake – Parquet Courts

Hotspot – Pet Shop Boys

Rainford – Lee Perry

Between The Buttons – Rolling Stones

The Good Songs (Mojo Presents A Tribute To Nick Cave) – V/A

This Is A Call (15 Brainmelting Dispatches From The Golden Age Of US Alt-Rock – V/A

Unsung Forum Index