Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 15 February 2020 CE

15 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 15 February 2020 CE
Feb 16, 2020, 18:44
Finally replaced the belt on my ancient record deck today after not being able to play 45's for some time. So the last few hours have been fun pulling random vinyl, EP's and 12"s out of the stack.

Loop - Collision 12"/ Arc Lite 12"/ Fade Out 2x12"
Had forgotten how fab 'Crawling Heart was. Ditto their take on 'Thief Of Fire'.
'This is Where You End' and 'Got To Get It Over' off of Fade Out are every bot as ace as I recall. 'Sunburst' off of Arc Lite is a beut of a track.

Sabres Of Paradise - Wilmot 1 12"/Theme 10"
Wilmot is deffo one of my fav' SOP singles. There was different version of 'Theme' on cassette only comp from Select mag that I've not tracked down on vinyl or CD (good job I got the tape still).

Strangers - The Raven
Not my fav' Stranglers album, but really enjoyed it this week. Maaan some clonky scratches all over this, though did only pay £1.50 secondhand back in the day, so can't moan really. Had forgotten about 'Dead Los Angeles'. What a great track.

Membranes - What Nature Gives, Nature Takes Away.

Renegade Soundwave - In Dub 2x12"

World Domination Enterprises - Let's Play Domination/Love From Lead City

Cope - Self Civil War
Held off on this, as am not a massive fan of his recent solo 'Cope' albums. But turns out this isn't half bad on first listen. Could live without the slower ones, and the 'comedy' moments, but enjoyed it more than expected.

Heads - At Last
Beautifully relentless rehearsal recording.

MBV - Glider EP.
Maaaan I played this to death back in the day.

Hope you survived the weather bomb. Have a better one!

Unsung Forum Index