10 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Edited Oct 24, 2019, 13:45
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 19 October 2019 CE
Oct 24, 2019, 13:42
RE: Coil...It's deffo one of the better (as in 'out there') live performances.
As no one is quite sure who owns what copyrights to Coils archive (as both are not with us any more, plus a few significant others who may have overseen re-releases have passed too) there is a web archive of pretty much everything they've released as an ongoing live archive for perusal, listening or DL if you should wish. Many of the recent-ish re-releases are basically 'bootlegs' of the stuff DL'd from the archive (esp French and Russian reissues).
Anyway, should you wish to dig deeper here's the link...
http://live-coil-archive.com/
As an avid fan since their first inception, I'd recommend 'Horse Rotorvator' or Musick to Play In The Dark Volumes 1+2 for a dip of your toes.
The Solstice/Equinox EP's (collected together as Moons Milk (in Four Phases)) is a good indicator of where they were headed mid-late career and is another essential as far as I'm concerned. Ditto 'Astral Disaster' and 'Timemachines' too, though the latter isn't to everybodies taste...though if you meditate or do yoga or some such it's a great accompaniment...great in headphones as well). They are all available from the archive, to save your pocket from the crazy prices some titles can command.

Yeah, gotta say I'm blown away by the Membranes most recent, not a duffer on it.

Unsung Forum Index