Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 22 June 2019 CE
Jun 23, 2019, 21:22
Push The Sky Away – Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
The Skeleton Tree - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Distant Sky (Live In Copenhagen) EP – Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Well the Conversations With Nick Cave evening at Manchester Bridgewater Hall was rather special to say the least. Just Nick and a grand piano and lots of questions from the audience. Some of the questions were a bit...ermmm...but Nick gave some thoughtful replies and some flippant ones, too. In short though, he was never less than entertaining and often very funny with it. Musically, he played songs from various stages of his career*, opening with a lovely God Is In The House and followed by great versions of The Mercy Seat, The Ship Song, Into My Arms, Brompton Oratory, Love Letter, The Sorrowful Wife, Jubilee Street, Higgs Bosun Blues and many more. Highlight for me though would have to be his take on Bolan's Cosmic Dancer. I knew he had played this at some dates so I was hoping it would feature here, too. Not only that, he built it up nicely, bigging up Marc as a lyricist who created his own world and saying that Cosmic Dancer was his favourite song. Well you can imagine how much this T.Rex fan cheered! Anyway, it was a fabulous evening and I am looking forward to doing it all again this week in Liverpool.
*But not The Birthday Party-era - “I don't do Release The Bats!” he said after someone had shouted for it as the end of the evening drew near!!

Also...
Station To Station – David Bowie
Live Nassau 1976 – David Bowie
The Next Day – David Bowie

Thirst – Clock DVA

Understated – Edwyn Collins

Trust In The Lifeforce Of The Deep Mystery – The Comet Is Coming

International 7” - Thomas Leer

Melancholy (CDS) – Museum Of Backward Hats

Unsung Forum Index