45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Edited Mar 08, 2019, 20:00
Re: Antequera
Mar 08, 2019, 19:14
Mine finally arrived (shipped overseas, takes time). A wonderful poem, recording and overall package, highly recommended, especially to anyone who dug his performance of My Wall with Sunn O))) on White1. The score by Orthodox is fucking wild. As I mentioned in an earlier post, this has an added poignancy for me and my wife as we actually were fortunate enough to visit Antequera thanks to being hipped to it by Julian in the Megalithic European, which we copied and carried with us. I've visited a fair number of prehistoric sites in my life, but the complex of Menga, Viera, the Tholos of El Romeral, and the magnificent Peña de los Enamorados were life-changing (so too, was the local food and wine among the delightful folks in the village square...never ate so well in my fucking life). We've treasured the memory ever since. And so our delight when this popped up! As it turns out, this poem was written and originally performed live by Julian in Antequera in those heady days. Its a welcome release now as frankly I have a deep need to reconnect with that time of my life. Julian's long poem is a fascinating, hilarious, and intensely passionate illumination of the sites' significance, generously conceived as a way of hipping the locals to their heritage. Rite on.

The best news is the announcement that this is the first in a series of published poems: it's a winning concept, and I can't wait for the ArchBruxo's next gnostic labor of love.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index