Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 3 November 2018 CE

14 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 3 November 2018 CE
Nov 04, 2018, 17:05
First of these for a while - recently got back from a trip to India. Hell of a lot of good stuff has come my way in recent weeks, this is just a small sample of what I've been listening to...

Spiritualized - And Nothing Hurt
Really enjoying this. It has a lightness of touch and some gorgeous songs.

King Crimson - Live In Vienna
Saw them on Friday at the Palladium - what a gig. I dragged myself out of my sickbed to see this (I brought a chest infection back from India with me, don't worry, I don't think it's anything serious), and boy was it worth it. Picked up this live 3CD set at the gig and its a stormer. I've also been listening to Discipline and Islands.

Peter Hammill - Over

Edgar Froese - Solo (1974-1983)
Working on a cover version of one of these pieces.

Julian Cope - Jehovahkill

Vinyl:

Earthling Society - Mo The Demon
Last album from UKs greatest psych rockers, and what a way to bow out. This is a contender for album of the year.

Melting Hand - Faces of Earth
Dead Otter - Bridge of Weird
Culto Al Qondor - Templos
All top recent releases, I'd recommend any of these if you get a chance to grab a copy

Hawkwind - Levitation
Vangelis - Earth

Dead Sea Apes and Adam Stone - Warheads
This is a cracker - punk-fuelled psych from DSA with strong vocals from Adam. This feels like an important release to me, a gamechanger for DSA. Good to hear a band hitting out politically amongst all the bland shit.

The Oscillation - Wasted Space
Fantastic groove on this one, particularly side one. Side two is a bit more laid back. Really good stuff though, and I much prefer it to the previous release.

Unsung Forum Index