Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 3 June 2017 CE

23 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 3 June 2017 CE
Jun 04, 2017, 22:43
Richard Dawson - Peasant. Getting some good reviews e.g. Guardian, Quietus. Well deserved, it's original, interesting, challenging and with great tunes too. Heads up to the producer Sam Grant who has produced a lot of good Newcastle underground music recently - Blown Out, Bong and Pigs Pigs Pigs (he's guitarist for the latter).

Hey Colossus - The Guillotine. Really good, heavy post-punk/metal 3 guitar attack. With great riffs and some more melodic quieter moments. Nik Turner blasts some alto sax on one of the tracks.

GAS - Narkopop. Excellent new album from Wolfgang Voigt, revisiting his 90s early 00s GAS project. Deep forest orchestral techno!

Been listening these last couple of weeks to the last few Faust albums (bought on download) - this year's Fresh Air, Just Us and Something Dirty. Really enjoying them.

Teleplasmiste - Frequency is the New Ecstasy. Really good dark ambient album from Mark Pilkington and Michael York. The sticker talks of a lineage of Tangerine Dream through to Coil and that's about right. You could probably add Slomo to that as well. I prefer Slomo's Transits from earlier this year but the two are rather marvellous I think.

I'm sure I listened to a few things from the archive but can't remember past more great 2017 music!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index