Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Aug 06, 2010, 21:31
Re: ZZ Top
Aug 06, 2010, 21:24
mojojojo wrote:
Totally agree with that post. Think Rio Grande Mud is my favourite, with Duguello. But then there's Tejas, and Tres Hombres. Ah, fuck it...

Hand me another one of them brews from back there.

x

Fandango (the first record of theirs I was aware of) did nothing for me. I also had a thing around the age of 13 about not buying records by men with beards. So they were out on two counts. Then I remember hearing "Arrested For Driving While Blind" on Nicky Horne's show for the first time and being gob-smacked and fallling in love with that album before going back to the early records. Tejas is total genius. It just sounds so great. Simultaneously warm and spikey. A glass of ice shavings on an outrageously humid day. Like an especially louche Status Quo. First album is killer too (Lunar Dunes played the fast part of Brown Sugar in rehearsal a few times) and Tres Hombes. Love them all up to the one after Eliminator. Still have a bit of a blind spot with Fandango though. Of the boots I really like Rockpalast 80. It's a half way house between the early stuff and the disco boogie stuff.

Unsung Forum Index