Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 11 July 2010 CE

39 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 11 July 2010 CE
Jul 12, 2010, 15:47
Hail! \m/

Prince -20Ten. Love it! Another artist that's gone to revisit some of the sonics of their past to good-time effect. Drum machines and skinny-tie synths that recall the Dirty Mind/1999 era and some of the fonkiest stuff he's done in a while. Stripped back, old skool purpleisms abound. (On the 'secret' track he even describes himself as a 'purple Yoda'! Ha!) The most fun Prince album in ages.

Prince - 3121. A superior Prince album of the recent years. Some lush arrangements hallmarking his 'jazz' period.

Eagles of Death Metal - Heart On! Non-essential but fun sleaze-rock n roll.

Velvet Revolver - Contraband. Good, solid heavy rock n roll. Slash is one of those dudes with a classic sound that handles the 'new' with aplomb.

Edgar Froese - Aqua. Nice ambi-bubblings

Worm Orobouros - S/T Loving this metal tinged folky-ambi atmos heavy tunage

Robyn - Body Talk pt 1. Scando pop pixie lushment.

Stefan Grappelli & Django Reinhardt - At the Hot Club, Paris (2 cd). Utterly joyous stuff.

Heaven & Hell - The Devil You Know. Tony Iommi always comes over in interviews as a quietly spoken, man-of-few-words type and I've sussed out why. It's cos most of his brain is given over to concentrate on being an awesome, riff-generator. I mean, it's amazing really.

Aliens - Astronomy for Dogs. Splendid!

Rush - Signals. I do love this old thing.

Plus a lot of the stuff from last weeks list

Have a nice week sound slurpers! x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index