Register
Unsung Forum »
Cope vs. The Clash

158 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: people that can't possibly be old enough to have lived through Claptons heyday
Dec 16, 2009, 15:52
dodge one wrote:
Hey Squid,
We both began playing guitar and purchasing Albums at the same age. I still own 99.99% of every piece of music i ever purchased too. And about 70% of the guitars. Some of those, i traded off, or gave away.
Your a 'Bit' older than i, i'm a '62 model. I won't offer any more details than that over the net. Primarily, because i've found, people like SPRINGY {above}, like to twist what they 'THINK' they know about people into a twisted knot. The smallest detail one offers out loud, is their ammunition.
An odd sort.

Ps: I've never worried a bit about how old or young i am. But i am definately old enough to actually 'own' the records that i discuss. With the benefit of decades of ownership and familiarity. I stick to what i know about.
I believe that shows.

I lost a few hundred albums in a move once unfortunately. I've also sold a couple of my old guitars, and had a bass nicked, but they've all been replaced with better ones anyhow :-)

btw, I think cultural differences may account for some of the reactions you get from folks - I don't think anyone here is being genuinely unpleasant. Sometimes it just takes a while for people to be allowed to "settle in" around here! After all, you and me started off a bit at loggerheads didn't we, and (hopefully) that has all blown over now and we can get on with the far more interesting business of discussing the important things in life i.e. music!

As for sticking with what you know, fair enough. I still stand up for the stuff I've always loved, but I'm also interested in anything new that folks think I might be interested in. I've come across some amazing stuff by listening to the other Unsungers points of view.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index