4 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Edited Aug 23, 2009, 15:26
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives Summer 1969 CE
Aug 23, 2009, 14:22
For me it would have been listening to my older siblings records as well as what was blaring on the radio and seen/heard on TOTP.

On the dansette would have been- The Who, The Small Faces, Motown, The Beatles (especially the White Album at that point in time), Rolling Stones, The Move, Cream, Bonzo Dog DD Band etc.

This was when I could get my 9 year old greasy mitts on said platters, when big brother and sis were out of the house

My Dad also had a couple of LPs by Spike Jones & His City Slickers- a precursor to the likes of The Residents and Nurse With Wound!
Also a load of Easy Listening stuff by the likes of Herp Alpert etc, although I would find great joy in playing these at 45, 78 and 16

Yup, for me too- that Zager & Evans' classic would have been soaked into my skin- it still sounds great today.

I also have memories of the show called 'Colour Me Pop' in 1968/9- I remember watching The Small Faces, The Peddlers, Moody Blues, The Kinks, The Nice, The Move and The Bonzo Dog DD Band to name a few, I even used to write down in a book the bands that I sometimes saw on TV!

Unsung Forum Index