zerkalo
zerkalo
488 posts

Re: 13th Floor Elevators - Sign of the 3 Eyed Men - NOW SHIPPING
Jun 11, 2009, 20:34
bolox wrote:
An object of considerable beauty. Your numbers? 1117

1313! very appropriate I thought

I'm totally blown away with the mono Psychedelic Sounds of... like listening to a different album, crystal clear

the Easter Everywhere mono is really thumping, hearing detail I've never noticed before too, I'm in heaven tonight
a23
a23
1004 posts

Jun 11, 2009, 20:47
Cool number! I got 2732 which adds up to 14...
Did anyone else get a box without a set of photos/ handbills etc? I've emailed them in the hope they'll send them on to me.
However, tonight's not about handbills or reading the book or looking at the photos, its about listening through to as many as i can fit in between now & bedtime - only halfway thru disc one at the moment, & it's sounding great already
bolox
bolox
311 posts

Jun 11, 2009, 20:55
a23 wrote:
between now & bedtime

Bedtime's going to be late for a lot of us today.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Jun 11, 2009, 22:38

Lovin' it. Here's to a psyched up summer...
Eyesteel
4 posts

Jun 12, 2009, 10:39
Morning psych fans,

I too received my box set yesterday and couldn't think of a better place to share it with…
It's a piece of work, for sure - there's a thrill in getting something like that through the post. At first listen it sounds fantastic (I'm expecting to hole up with it over the weekend), although is anyone else a bit disappointed with some of the earlier tracks on the stereo Easter Everywhere? She Lives - a key track for me - seems to be a bad-quality mono version; and Slip Inside isn't quite as expansive as the version I'd fantasised about hearing. Not quite the definitive, ditch-all-my-other-copies version of the album I'd hoped for.
That said, I can't wait to get properly stuck in - and the live in SF disc sounds awesome!
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Jun 12, 2009, 14:21
I'm dribbling with anticipation already !

Hope your holiday's fab and i'll look forward to catching up with you at some future London freakshow ;-)
Heavy Early
1 posts

Jun 12, 2009, 15:59
Has anyone in North America received theirs yet?Would love to get my hands on this gem for the weekend.Thanks
sonic124
sonic124
86 posts

Jun 12, 2009, 16:31
Well an amazing set gotta say the book is bloody fantastic loads of photos of the elevators in concert id say the book on its own is easily worth £30-40.The music is of course fantastic and even though i had 95% of the stuff on there still well well worth it (for me) Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the people who put this set together and to be fair when you see the set £80 is more than reasonable.The only problem is picking which cd to play! If you aint got this and your thinking about it (and youve got the money) get it you will not be disapointed
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Jun 12, 2009, 17:43
been a bit of one of those days. Got attempted delivery at 2.30 after i'd gone out at 2.
Am managing to get it redelivered but since I can't be sure when I'm in on Monday, not til Tuesday. & sorting office is an inaccessible location. Or at least way off bus route connecting to here. But at least, I guess I know it's coming. Or it's the Stooges '71 box.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index