13th Floor Elevators Cd's

89 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Psyps
1 posts

Re: 13th Floor Elevators Box set
Dec 08, 2008, 14:07
Hi....

The 13th Floor Elevators box set has taken ages....but there's reason... all too boring to explain but it'll be out soon ....the latest ,realistic date I have been given is mid March , so let's say end of April? I'm hoping to get Roky back over , but no promises.
The book interior is on the second draft, then it's done.

So, no nasty noise reduction....only person to have touched the tapes is the band's original producer Walt Andrus and engineer Stuart Sullivan ( Daniel Johnston, Butthole Surfers etc)... and Roky joined us occasionally. I' not a music producer , so I kept my mouth shut and pulled together the best team for the job.
The music sounds loud , raw and clean for a change...no over use of stupid noise reduction software - no removing the reverb etc...

I think it's going to retail at £75.00 ...which for a 72 page full colour book ....10 CDs in mini Lp's cover...oh and a pretty box ...isn't too bad ?

www.internationalartistsrecords.com

There's 13 track sampler....you can get it by buying the Golden Dawn/Bubble Puppy reissues , which I had nothing to do with- so I can't vouch for them...or just write to Snapper Music and demand one or say you're a reviewer ?
best Paul
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index