Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Julian Cope - Guildhall - Gloucester - UK - Thursday 17th May 2007 on DIME.

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
common era
865 posts

Re: Julian Cope - Guildhall - Gloucester - UK - Thursday 17th May 2007 on DIME.
May 20, 2007, 10:55
You are top on the list my friend! Should get something out to you by Tuesday.
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

May 20, 2007, 11:01
thank you.
NyghtOwl
NyghtOwl
119 posts

May 20, 2007, 14:37
sur plus wrote:
For those with access:
I've just put my recording of this up on DIME.
Details below.:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=147237

Lineage
MD>WAV>FLAC

Excellent! Grabbing it now... many, many thanks to you.

(^_^)
dan_tuesday
dan_tuesday
31 posts

May 20, 2007, 19:47
hallo, this is my first post and in it i shall give everyone the impression i'm an idiot!

does anybody know how this downlaod works on an apple mac??!
bigjaybee
106 posts

May 20, 2007, 21:53
Thanks for posting up this one as well! I shall jump on board and hopefully be able to seed it this time. I am having some weird problems with bittorrent clients at the moment. If anyone else is having these and has any answers I would be very greatful...

Azerus and uTorrent were working stormingly, but kept on knocking out my Virgin Cable connection, and the original Bittorrent client is being strange - I sometimes cannot connect to dime torrents and it does not seem to be sharing anything out after a day or so. I am sure it is not the settings...and I hope it is not to do with the throttling that Virgin have been threatening to roll out.

In reply to the mac-based chap, the best advice I can give is just read up lots, it is all a bit of a black art. You will need to download a client onto your system to start downloading, and flac files need a special piece of software to play on windows, let alone macs. I am really enjoying listening to the Aberdeen show (esp. Use Me), so keep on trying!
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

May 21, 2007, 23:38
Thank you!!!

love

Moth
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

May 22, 2007, 00:36
dan_tuesday wrote:
hallo, this is my first post and in it i shall give everyone the impression i'm an idiot!

does anybody know how this downlaod works on an apple mac??!

get azureus - http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php

go to site, download the file, open in az, wait a delightfully short space of time.

if you are really impatient, there is a plugin for itunes which lets you play the files immediately, and/pr you can do so with the marvellous vlcplayer - http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

to decode them to ordinary aiff files, grab MacFlac - http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Audio/MacFLAC.shtml - open, hit decode.

Bingo!

Keep the original file in the same place on your mac & keep seeding (ie leep azureus open) or you'll fuck up your ratio and be kicked out before you can get anything else good.
Paaaaul
Paaaaul
75 posts

Edited May 22, 2007, 19:29
May 22, 2007, 19:29
bigjaybee wrote:

Azerus and uTorrent were working stormingly, but kept on knocking out my Virgin Cable connection, and the original Bittorrent client is being strange - I sometimes cannot connect to dime torrents and it does not seem to be sharing anything out after a day or so. I am sure it is not the settings...and I hope it is not to do with the throttling that Virgin have been threatening to roll out.

You may have set your client to connect to too many other clients. Mine was playing up and dropping my connection until I reduced it to a maximum of 50 connections, now it works perfectly. I would stick with utorrent as it's so much smaller and quicker than any other client with that much functionality.
womble
womble
32 posts

Apr 11, 2021, 20:38
Hello Kittens -- I had a copy of this, from this very place, and it seems like a history ago now ...

And now my files are missing. Can any please help a poor boy?

I miss c*nt belt :-)

*sighs*

Thanks so much!
sur plus
sur plus
42 posts

Edited May 01, 2021, 21:08
May 01, 2021, 20:22
Finally found a back-up of my recording that worked.
I still have the original MD this was recorded on but playback is glitchy. CD-Rs were located but playback had deteriorated to the point of annoyance. Gone from any back-up hard drives that still work so playback impossible. Then I eventually found an old DVD back-up disc and there it was. A gift from the past.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e98mn5g98gv5q4y/JC%20GLOS%202007%20MP3.zip?dl=0
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index