Radioactive Records: the enemy?

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Nov 20, 2012, 23:35
Re: Radioactive Records: the enemy?
Sep 21, 2008, 17:53
Erebus is run by James Plummer - the same fellow who started Radioactive and Pheonix - so it's safe to assume they're not legit, despite the label claiming that most of ther re-issues were remastered at Abbey Road. Also, even the Forced Exposure site which sells a lot of CDs which are of dubious legality - describes the Walhalia catalogue as "grey area" (ie pirate).
barrierps
1 posts

Jan 08, 2009, 17:07
Yes they are the enemy, I just recently learned that this so called label has taken my dead fathers album and rereleased it without our consent. This is despicable! I cant believe that anyone would do such a thing. Imagine how it feels when you find out this is being done and it taints the memory of your passed loved one. Extremely angry!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Aug 13, 2009, 22:13
Jan 08, 2009, 18:05
One thing I will say about Radioactive is that thanks to this thread, I got to hear Bobb Trimble (whose albums have since been re-issued legally by Secretly Canadian - both of which I bought). Superb stuff.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jan 08, 2009, 18:09
barrierps wrote:
Yes they are the enemy, I just recently learned that this so called label has taken my dead fathers album and rereleased it without our consent. This is despicable! I cant believe that anyone would do such a thing. Imagine how it feels when you find out this is being done and it taints the memory of your passed loved one. Extremely angry!

Oh dear. I thought they'd been shut down now - obviously I was wrong. Condolences.
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Jan 08, 2009, 18:40
I believe they are Fallout and Phoenix. Radioactive is no longer active, I think. However, they have caused many bands to go after their masters, if available. Most of the bands are pretty obscure, so even their illegality
has shed light on bands once lost.
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Jan 10, 2009, 17:04
Proper Music, which puts out the 4CD collections (apparently is owned by Nick Lowe), is another label which operates in the grey area. A lot of music is sourced from Bear Family, and other cds. Bear Family has sought to copyright their mastering process. Proper also does not pay royalities due to a technicality of European copyright laws, which means their import into the US is illegal.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index