Led Zep suck logs

Pages: 25 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: well yeah!
Jul 06, 2003, 16:11
Noooo.... 'Kill em all' was absolutely outstanding, and a much needed album at the time. Was important, honest it was. Check out the 'spotty' pictures on the back for a good laugh.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: well yeah!
Jul 06, 2003, 17:48
LOMFL

We could have an official 'does it rock' standard measurement. My vote goes for if you can do that thumbs in belt loops Tiger Feet dance thing to it.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

53: Yeah!
Jul 06, 2003, 17:52
If you hate Led Zeppelin clap your hands...
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

one hand clapping!
Jul 06, 2003, 19:01
Both hate them and like them, but I don't think I'll ever truly love 'em.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

bah.
Jul 06, 2003, 20:41
Led Zeppelin rocked.

Jimmy Page played Dazed and Confused.

He wore satin black flares with dragons on and looked about as louche as anyone could.

He played it really fast and it sounded really quite splendid.

John Bonham was a machine of monstrous drummage, inspiration and commitment.

John Paul Jones had the best bowl cut and played wickedly fabulous bass, especially on Dazed and Confused live. I like his organ playing. It sounded dead mystikal.

Robert Plant was a Godlike and jokey working class crooner of celtic and nobular import. He had both the courage and naivete to sing about having his lemon squeezed. He did 'call and answer' squealy things with Jimmy pages guitar, and had a great faux-american accent and swagger, but came from Stourbridge and liked the countryside, and no doubt a pint or a spliff or an attractive laydee.

Led Zeppelin played me millions through their adolescence, and it made me happy for one.

So shut up all you boring muso-fascists!! Yes we know that punk is supposed to world-changing righteous enema-effect on us, and I for one rate MC5 highly highly highly, BUT, LED ZEPPELIN ROCKED!! And they were English, as am I, and they make me feel patriotic in a dewy-eyed 'we showed the yanks' way. So arse.
Dah dah dha dhahdhdhahn dahn.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: bahghyagh!
Jul 06, 2003, 23:23
Testify bro'!

I agree. Nay sayers can suck me chunks and roll around in the "oooh I'm so alternative look at me mummy plops" piss goo of their own avoidance behaviour wee wee nappy squage.

Black Country peggy teeth twangle hair meets London dark magus rock is the ultimate combo. They fucken ruled!
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Go
Jul 06, 2003, 23:38
and listen to Tommy Vance or some other ex-Radio 1 DJ who would tell you how good they were.

Gimpoid Rock rules. The Zep were a true Dorks band. Stairway was a record to straighten out any spliff filled room.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Go
Jul 06, 2003, 23:53
Oh boo hoo.!

Yes you're right! Charlie Harper rules! Wheezing octagenarians against four chords! Shouty Dads tell their kids punx not dead. Status Quo with tinny drums and cheaper drugs! Its Awesome!
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: Go
Jul 07, 2003, 00:00
"Status Quo with tinny drums and cheaper drugs! Its Awesome"

Sounds a good blue print for a truly great band. Probabily won't ever get played by DLT on Capital Gold tho.
booga
booga
129 posts

Re: Led Zep suck logs
Jul 07, 2003, 00:03
"The only thing they going for 'em was Bonham, and even he's so goddamn sluggish at times"

Has anyone ever heard anyone else say they think Ian Paice was better than John Bonham? I haven't, but I do.

Faster, slicker, tighter, yet just as loose when need be. Turned crap immediately after original Purple though so marks down for that. Wonder why?
Pages: 25 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index