Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 26, 2019, 12:57
No shadows/sunlight
Apr 26, 2019, 12:51
Anybody else notice this?

https://youtu.be/3wfRIlsnl3g

From 0.28 secs..

The man walks across an open space...no shadows anywhere. Yet footage from inside the building shows ‘white out’ in the areas where the doors and windows are. It also shows fairly strong sunlight reflections on the polished floor.

As far as I can see this is being reported and presented as all the same time day etc..seamless . I’ve not heard that the first part of the footage was from a ‘trail run’ or anything like that.

They are many other things I could point out but fear they might be seen as insensitive/offensive.
This is just one simple thing to point out.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: No shadows/sunlight
Apr 26, 2019, 13:03
And so the evidence-free conspiracy begins.

"I'm going to stare at less than two minutes of video for which I have no real context, and then make insinuations (but no actual claims I can be challenged on because heaven forbid I should be expected to provide evidence for anything I say)".

Quick question: Do you know for a fact those video clips are from the same locations?

As anyone following the story would know of course, there were several bombs, some of which were over 200km apart (i.e. the distance from London to Nottingham). I'm assuming you're not saying that the weather in London is always identical to Nottingham, so again -- do we have evidence that those videos were NOT taken perhaps hours and several hundred km apart?

Or did you just ignore that kind of detail in favour of whispering potentially distasteful rumour?
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Apr 26, 2019, 13:13
And Jeez, you don't even need to imagine they are different locations. We've all been out on a bright day when a sudden cloud stole the shadows for a while. This is especially noticeable in the tropics where hit days can turn to storms and back again very quickly.

I really think the internet has broken a lot of people by overwhelming them with information they are not able to cope with.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 26, 2019, 13:55
Apr 26, 2019, 13:23
I’m just pointing out the fact that this footage is being presented by the media as seamless...same day same time etc etc...but there appears to be different weather conditions.That’s all, I didn’t say bombs didn’t go off or people didn’t die. I understand though that I could be seen as implying ‘something’ like that by pointing out what I did. I’ve not looked closely at any of the other incidents, just this one at St. Sebastian. I’m aware several events happened around Sri Lanka but this is definitely the same building inside and out. I looked on google maps/street view to make sure.

With reporting like this..

http://cca.org.hk/home/news-and-events/christian-conference-of-asia-denounces-the-devastating-bomb-blasts-in-sri-lankan-churches-on-easter-sunday/

It’s no wonder there’s some confusion about what’s what.

That is not St Anthony’s Shrine in the first image. It’s St. Sebastian Katuwapitiya as seen in the cctv footage.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 26, 2019, 13:32
As I'm sure you know, all reporting is inaccurate but it sort of depends on your mindset whether you see it as significant.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 26, 2019, 14:03
Apr 26, 2019, 13:33
Good point. One is always tempted to explain events according to ones ‘preferred’ narrative. So dare say it...evidence IS key. And the footage is being presented as ‘evidence.’ So it should be looked at..unbiasedly. No one can argue that the brightness of the day is/appears different..outside to inside.
If you’re suggesting by that that the footage has been cut or messed with by the media then that shows a lack of professionalism and disrespect to those affected for a ‘sensationalist’ story..or clear ‘footage’ from the scene. Maybe you meant the other link to the article. If anybody should know which churches were affected you’d have though a Christian organisation would?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 26, 2019, 14:06
Personally I'm not suggesting deliberate funny business.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 26, 2019, 14:11
Apr 26, 2019, 14:06
Ps...the article and the footage/news report are doing a similar thing..mixing up St Anthony’s and St. Sebastian’s. The footage from the inside of St. Sebastians then cuts to the outside of St. Anthony’s without informing the viewer it’s a different church. Then the shoe.

These are just observations..let them make the judgements.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 26, 2019, 14:11
Nah, they're not just "observations" are they?!
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 26, 2019, 14:41
Apr 26, 2019, 14:30
Whenever ‘something happens’ I’ve taken to just looking at the images published by media. I don’t always listen to the news reports too closely. To begin I’d rather just look at images of the scene and just see what I can see without having some one tell me what I’m “seeing”..ie a news reporter or journalist. Similar to watching the news with the sound down. You’re just looking at the pictures and the mind gets a different take. It’s not being led by ‘someone else’
So yeah, they are just observations. But I’m get your point..Y’ got me!

Nothing I’ve pointed out either proves or disproves anything. Forgive me for looking at this in a clinical way (for want of a better word) But when you see an undeniable inconsistency you have to acknowledge it..looking for an explanation for that inconsistency is another matter! ; )
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index