House of Commons Committee advises end to NHS funding of homeopathy

50 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Feb 25, 2010, 01:57
Re: House of Commons Committee advises end to NHS funding of homeopathy
Feb 25, 2010, 01:52
Dude, I think you are completely over reacting and perhaps misinterpreting my thoughts, which were jotted down in the spirit of "I read something quite interesting about...what do you think?.." rather than a definitive statement regarding anything to do with science, quantum physics and certainly not homeopathy ffs.

I am certainly not, NOT anti-science, far, far far from it. I might not have the depth of your knowledge and experience but I am interested and on, occasion excited about certain things in certain fields. And one of those things I am excited about on a conceptial level was reading about the possibilities of rule books being, if not re-written cos clearly things seem to work as we think they do for the most part, but re-IMAGINED even, because the stuff we don't as yet know may well turn out to be weirder than we've even got a vocabularly for, let alone a theoretical structure. As an outside observer with an interest these sorts of things buzz my brain and why shouldn't it?

And I like it when these aspects of science provoke a certain, imaginative and engaging kind of thinking above and beyond equations and facts. It's appealing, you know? Something for those of us that only have a maths CSE to get interested in. Apart from anything else it's helpful.

And incidentally, if you are keen for people to a least be aware and appreciate the depth, effort and quality of work and research being done, and your passion would indicate that you are, then, mate, there's no point getting tooth-gnashy and gnarly with friendly minds that want to inquire. A certain degree of patience is going to be required by anyone 'in the know' explaining things to those of us less 'in the know' but wish to hear more. Anti-science is a harsh brand for someone that just may have, you know, got something wrong.

(For the record the KISS - or any band/film yadayada -thing makes me smile and I don't get annoyed by it - more bemused, unless I encounter just rudeness for rudeness sake. I just find it weird a band percieved as being some silly thing appears to routinely provoke such debate, especially if Mr Cope mentions he likes 'em. I don't get why some people have a problem with that.)

By the way, I think your last paragraph was a bit mean-spirited to say the least you know, this 'problem' that I'd have. If it takes that kind of 'tude to do 'groan-up' research, then, yeah, your probably right and I'm more than happy to leave you to it. I wish you'd stop kicking sand in the face of people that ain't the enemy pal.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index