Topic View: Flat | Threaded
duckbreath
254 posts

Edited Oct 01, 2009, 20:43
Re: Just heard on the radio...
Oct 01, 2009, 20:37
sanshee wrote:
duckbreath wrote:

What has the Scottish Government to do with who sponsors Rangers and Celtic?

Eh, the fact that they have invested 2m in 'forwarding the health message' through amongst others Rangers and Celtic (as I've already illustrated) whose sponsors are Carling. They make 'alcohol'. Doh!

So they are hypocrits because they sponsor a competition which contains some teams who have taken sponsorship cash from breweries? A bit tenuous? Motherwell FC are sponsored by a DIY firm you'll be accusing the government of being prejudiced against the homeless next.

sanshee wrote:
duckbreath wrote:

I never said I thought they were an ok lot - Have a go at them for Souter hypocrisy, Donald Trump etc fine by me... But -independent- researchers say linking alcohol units to price will reduce health inequality.

Based on one University study, just like the existence of WMD was.

Guess I walked into that one - you're right and a wonderful reason to discredit any research evidence that doesn't support you from now onwards. 'Tis conspiracy theory reasoning. Ignore the report just bring up WMD. It isn't one study by the way. I notice you haven't actually quoted any other counter-evidence, just the late night radio phone in stuff you've said about how it's bound to push up crime because the alcoholics will be forced to steal to pay for their drink. The effects on crime were part of the research btw.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index