68 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Jan 22, 2009, 18:22
Re: animal rights campaigners jailed
Jan 22, 2009, 18:20
Well, it's probably a good idea to have someone out there ready to throw some bricks when the sit-ins don't work.

I should probably have prefaced everything I've said on the fact that, growing up, I was 'indoctrinated' heavily within the non-violent civil rights effort. My schoolteachers were very involved and got us involved.. even when we weren't really sure what it was we were singing about.

I'll tell you a funny story, tho.. a true one.. I was at the same time as all this was going on a pretty typical boy, in that I was attracted to things that went 'boom'.
In an art class one day I made a dummy stick of TNT with a toilet paper tube, some tape, a piece of yarn, and some red paint.
When this was discovered, it created a lot of noise amongst the school administration and teachers. Feeling somehow that my little prank was a dire threat to the consciousness of the other children, the entire school was forced to sit thru a long assembly of anti-violence speeches by worried, wrinkle-browed adults!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index