pooley
pooley
501 posts

Re: Green
Dec 21, 2008, 20:52
Merrick wrote:
pooley wrote:
yeah what a hero.
And if he'd left hospitals, air traffic control, old peoples homes, whatever without power with this pathetic stunt would he still be a hero?

Probably not. But fortunately the person concerned, unlike you, understands how the national grid works and knew that wasn't going to happen.

There are people and in all likelihood entire species who will die if a new generation of coal power stations gets built.

This action was a significant addition to the burgeoning pressure against the new Kingsnorth. Totally heroic.

so you know this person - thats the only way you can claim he knows how the national grid works - and that it wasn't a happy accident.

You know, I really feel the wrong thing is happening in these types of protest, and I cant help thinking nothing will over come of this type of thing....

I don't really feel in tune with you guys on UKnow. And don't think I'll be bothering you anymore (unless youre on the pump or unsung) this isn't a throwing toys stroppy thing, i just think you are so stuck in your way of thinking - dont like it, think it bad smash it - that you may be making yourselves more and more part of the problem instead of the solution.

Ok, i respect most of your ideals, and the things you are working for, but bhave no respect for the way you try and do it. I'm truly sorry that all your energy is wasted in futile actions that could be used in a more positive way.

You have no mandate for these actions, the only way forward is tho change the minds of the masses - otherwise you are just walking intom power stations, holding up runways etc for the sake of it. as soon as the power goes back on, or the runway reopens - as they all ways will - nothing has changed. NOTHING.

You seem to want to go backwards and not forwards, and don't seem to understand that technology may (only may) be the best chance we have solving the problem.

U-Know! Forum Index