zennor quoit

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: zennor quoit
Jun 15, 2017, 14:02
I must say, this sounds a way easier route than the one we took. :D I see what you mean about not necessarily starting from the village, as we did. Nice though it may be... AND we missed Sperris Quoit.

G x
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 15, 2017, 14:54
thesweetcheat wrote:
It is. I wouldn't necessarily recommend Zennor itself as a starting point for a walk to the Quoit unless you know the way and like fairly steep gradient. Route-finding on the east side of Zennor Hill in summer vegetation is hard work. Once you get to the outcrops on the top it's fine though.

But definitely a good place to visit.

Don't wear shorts though :-)
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Jun 15, 2017, 16:20
No, the gorse can be quite bad. I can't remember it being particularly bad on the track from Eagle's Nest though, even in summer.
jaciloos
3 posts

Jun 19, 2017, 17:41
Thank you so much for your information. I will have to get a map.
jaciloos
3 posts

Jun 19, 2017, 17:48
Thank you everyone for all of your advise. I hope to see as many sites as possible. Holy wells, stones etc...

Really appreciate everything.

Jaci
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 19, 2017, 18:15
jaciloos wrote:
Thank you everyone for all of your advise. I hope to see as many sites as possible. Holy wells, stones etc...

Really appreciate everything.

Jaci

Hi Jaci,
Are you just visiting the far west of Cornwall or covering other areas of Cornwall as well? Plenty to see over the east of the county on Bodmin Moor.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jun 19, 2017, 19:06
If you get the 1:25,000 Explorer you can pore over it to find all sorts of fascinating spots, and the public rights of way are clearly marked. Mmm maps
https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/explorer-map-land-s-end.html
have fun! I love Land's End.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index