Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Detailed pictures
Sep 14, 2012, 17:56
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:

I'm not into preaching but it's a mugs game and anyone who indulges is going down a very steep path to destruction. .

That has to be one of the silliest things i've ever read i'm afraid.

It may be fine in Sheffield but it doesn't go down well in my house.

I beg your pardon. ?

Sanctuary just because your son had a bad trip it doesn't follow that everyone will, Similarly not everyone who has a toke on a joint will become a crack addict, well not in the real world anyway.

But it IS the real world isn't it, you are just avoiding the truth. A responsible adult will steer everyone away from any form of illegal or harmful and addictive substance because it can lead to permanent addiction. It's what decent people do not encourage. End of.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 17:57
nigelswift wrote:

Heres a funny thing. People don't praise being drunk to the skies yet an awful lot of people go out of their way to say how fantastic some other substances are. Not sure why. But in our line of business the great appeal is said to be that you see spirals and other Neolithic motifs. It is said so often that I guess it must be true but 2 things cross my mind:

a. That doesnt prove that spirals in rock art are drug induced. Theres a 50% chance they werent.
b. Even if they are, so blinking what? How does "I see cup and rings when high" add to the worlds understanding of cup and rings?

;)

I have little interest in the visual arts and certainly not anything representational .I do find rock art in situ or pics but not drawings quite trippy and that certainly is part of their appeal .I couldn't care less one way or the other whether the engravers were drunk , stoned or straight there certainly is no evidence for drug /alcohol inspred art here . Stoners do seem particularly reliant on the " halo effect " and find it dificult to believe that s much of their tastes which they imagine to be trippy may not have been created by anyone who wasn't similarly inclined . Zappa is an obvious case , so many white boys were disappointed to discover he had no interest ,but it extended much further into all the arts .
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 18:00
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
tiompan wrote:

Pretty sure i can see Kokopelli in that third pic. !

We are all one under Irn Bru . Visions stream across the oceans and through time .

For the full experience mix with the mini chocolate ben nevises from the newsagent in fort william.
I flew to achnabreck on the back of an eider duck immediately afterward and realized the panels represent the calmac timetables, which is why they are so close to water.

It's the tunnocks that are the key to reading the timetable symbols .

Take 35 and it just looks like the underground map .
I didn't want to say as I'm was saving this for a jermey Kyle prog I hope to get on , but the black pudding produces the SOUND of the cups , straight fucking up . Achnabreck is quite trancey especially when you get rid of the didges . Cairnbaan is full on Ibiza and Kirkmichael Glassary as you can imagine is very Kenneth McKellar .

Its funny you should mention black pudding, becuase im about to publish something I started working on when I was doing a home economics GCSE, 27 years ago, concerning the very very very very very subtle effect upon the energy within the heavily cupmarked stone at Ballymeanoch if you hit it at a steady rate with a small black pudding. (heated)

Could we get some pics before publication or might that damage sales ?
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 18:01
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
tiompan wrote:

We are all one under Irn Bru . Visions stream across the oceans and through time .

For the full experience mix with the mini chocolate ben nevises from the newsagent in fort william.
I flew to achnabreck on the back of an eider duck immediately afterward and realized the panels represent the calmac timetables, which is why they are so close to water.

I didn't want to say as I'm was saving this for a jermey Kyle prog I hope to get on , but the black pudding produces the SOUND of the cups , straight fucking up . Achnabreck is quite trancey especially when you get rid of the didges . Cairnbaan is full on Ibiza and Kirkmichael Glassary as you can imagine is very Kenneth McKellar .

Its funny you should mention black pudding, becuase im about to publish something I started working on when I was doing a home economics GCSE, 27 years ago, concerning the very very very very very subtle effect upon the energy within the heavily cupmarked stone at Ballymeanoch if you hit it at a steady rate with a small black pudding. (heated)

Are you trying to financially ruin me?
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 18:04
Sanctuary wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:

I'm not into preaching but it's a mugs game and anyone who indulges is going down a very steep path to destruction. .

I beg your pardon. ?

Sanctuary just because your son had a bad trip it doesn't follow that everyone will, Similarly not everyone who has a toke on a joint will become a crack addict, well not in the real world anyway.

But it IS the real world isn't it, you are just avoiding the truth. A responsible adult will steer everyone away from any form of illegal or harmful and addictive substance because it can lead to permanent addiction. It's what decent people do not encourage. End of.

It's not my job to preach to those around me, and neither is it yours to judge people of differing opinions, especially when it's obvious you have very little understanding of them.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 18:15
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:

I beg your pardon. ?

It's not my job to preach to those around me, and neither is it yours to judge people of differing opinions, especially when it's obvious you have very little understanding of them.

There is one big difference. I'm right and you're wrong. I think you are the one who has little understanding if you see no harm in it. Maybe others would like to comment on whether encouraging the use of potentially harmful substances is the way forward and harmless. I shan't be going any further with this discussion myself as I have no more to say and go with a 100% clear concience.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Sep 14, 2012, 18:55
Sep 14, 2012, 18:18
I'm glad your son is fine now Roy - its true that whilst the majority are ok and live to write their autobiography, a few don't come back. Syd Barratt springs to mind.

The opening of the 'gates of perception' is an interesting phenomena and I understand LSD and magic mushrooms do help. But I wonder how many of the great visionary artists and poets (e.g. William Blake) actually used mind altering substances. That's a question not a statement.

Sometimes I think it just happens without any help from anything other than the 'spirit of the natural world'. I may have recounted this before but I'll say it again - the first time I ever really saw the stars, really saw them, was out by Silbury one very cold frosty New Year's Eve. I wasn't expecting it, got out of the car I was a passenger in and was totally blown away by the millions of bright stars that seemed almost close enough to touch. The person I was with didn't have the same experience and its never happened again with quite the same intensity. I was completely sober/straight.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 18:19
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
tiompan wrote:

Are you trying to financially ruin me?

I was saving the 35 irn bru details for the Jeremy Kyle show , but was quite happy to share the info .
moss
moss
2897 posts

Edited Sep 14, 2012, 18:23
Sep 14, 2012, 18:22
tiompan wrote:

a. That doesnt prove that spirals in rock art are drug induced. Theres a 50% chance they werent.
b. Even if they are, so blinking what? How does "I see cup and rings when high" add to the worlds understanding of cup and rings?

;)

Migraines of course give you at the beginning of their onset a particular visionary experience of wavy lines, amoebas etc, not sure if such attacks went way back in history, but as they can be sometime caused by weather conditions could well be.....
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 18:22
Sanctuary wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:

I beg your pardon. ?

There is one big difference. I'm right and you're wrong. I think you are the one who has little understanding if you see no harm in it. Maybe others would like to comment on whether encouraging the use of potentially harmful substances is the way forward and harmless. I shan't be going any further with this discussion myself as I have no more to say and go with a 100% clear concience.

I'd be obliged if you'd point out exactly where i've "encouraged" anyone to use illegal substances. ?

You might also do well to read the sticky at the top of the forum, particularly the section dealing with "unfounded accusations".
Pages: 26 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index