Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: surprise
Sep 06, 2012, 16:15
Mustard wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:
Your whole argument is "I want to and I'm going to, and I don't care what anybody says about it." And anybody that says they don't want to, they're apparently just jealous.

As opposed to "it's ok to break the rules, but only the rules that we say it's ok to break"?

Yes and now you sound like Nigel, it's not even funny, it's pathetic, i can imagine you arguing with yourself, because i bet no one else will be listening, you've got a cheek to say everything you've fucking said and then turn on me, another hypocrite, i often think why do i bother, but why should i let people like you stop me, as i've enjoyed putting my pictures on here and all the nice comments i got, and by the way Mellinzeath isn't a fogou it's a medieval hull.
Mustard
1043 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 16:18
bladup wrote:
Mustard wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:
Your whole argument is "I want to and I'm going to, and I don't care what anybody says about it." And anybody that says they don't want to, they're apparently just jealous.

As opposed to "it's ok to break the rules, but only the rules that we say it's ok to break"?

Yes and now you sound like Nigel, it's not even funny, it's pathetic, i can imagine you arguing with yourself, because i bet no one else will be listening, you've got a cheek to say everything you've fucking said and then turn on me, another hypocrite, i often think why do i bother, but why should i let people like you stop me, as i've enjoyed putting my pictures on here and all the nice comments i got, and by the way Mellinzeath isn't a fogou it's a medieval hull.

Turned on you? You've lost me. I think you've misunderstood something I've said. But hey ho... a little misunderstanding seems to be enough to justify a whole load of abuse around here :)
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 16:21
nigelswift wrote:
Thats right. Anyone that has ever stepped off a path can't criticise anything you do, so no-one can.

Lets delve a bit deeeper.

Would you be good enough to explain why your illegally gaining access to Priddy is not the same as illegally gaining access to Skara Brae.

Furthermore, i'm actually suprised your access at Priddy didn't cause further problems. If the 'guardian' of the site found out you were there surely he'd have something to say to a court about you doing possible damage to the site? Meaning you may have put any prosecution of the 'guardian' in jepoardy (theoretically).
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 16:24
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
bladup wrote:

and thanks for taking all the flak on skara brae, as i was the one on this thread who first mentioned going in for free after hours

Not wishing to be pedantic bladup, but you didn't! You mentioned Maes Howe. I bought up the subject of Skara Brae. Not that it matters much, just saying.

I think this thread has been fantastic. For me personally it has helped to clarify some of the confusion in my own mind and straighten out the dilemma I felt in the beginning about 'after hours' access.

I feel its been a journey, of sorts, resulting in a point of view that I now feel comfortable with and feel absolute faith in.

I think thats what a forum like this should do and I hope it's made others go on their own journey too, maybe even changing a few minds in the process or at least making people consider other possibilities.

I've not mentioned maes howe , it would be hard to get in there at night without breaking the lock [ which i wouldn't do ] i did look though, i did kick off in there though because they would'nt let you in the side chambers, i was replying to someone mentioning skara brae so yes you did mention it first, sorry and no thats not been pedantic, i've always said that i don't get this i'm always right attitude, as we learn as humans a lot of the time by been wrong, and then learning from that wrong.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Sep 06, 2012, 16:28
Sep 06, 2012, 16:25
Mustard wrote:
bladup wrote:
Mustard wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:

Turned on you? You've lost me. I think you've misunderstood something I've said. But hey ho... a little misunderstanding seems to be enough to justify a whole load of abuse around here :)

If you can't beat em! if you don't mind me asking - how old are you- i'd guess about my age 38 or up to 45.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 16:34
bladup wrote:
i was replying to someone mentioning skara brae so yes you did mention it first, sorry and no thats not been pedantic, i've always said that i don't get this i'm always right attitude, as we learn as humans a lot of the time by been wrong, and then learning from that wrong.

True enough bladup.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 16:34
I think thats what a forum like this should do and I hope it's made others go on their own journey too, maybe even changing a few minds in the process or at least making people consider other possibilities.

You’ve more-or-less said what I’ve been thinking. There have been some spectacularly well argued points which have raised the forum to a level that it hasn’t seen for many a year – long may it continue. More than that though, I think there’s a long overdue, and very welcome, sea-change at work - one away from absolutes to a more thoughtful consideration of what our heritage is, how best to preserve it and, last but not least, how to enjoy it!

PS I don’t envy Sanctuary coming back to this lot ;-)
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 16:44
Littlestone wrote:

You’ve more-or-less said what I’ve been thinking. There have been some spectacularly well argued points which have raised the forum to a level that it hasn’t seen for many a year – long may it continue. More than that though, I think there’s a long overdue, and very welcome, sea-change at work - one away from absolutes to a more thoughtful consideration of what our heritage is, how best to preserve it and, last but not least, how to enjoy it!

No i don't, i hope he's enjoying the sunshine down here in cornwall, i had a 20 mile walk yesterday that took in merry maidens and boscawen un, i didn't see anybody talking into a video camera though.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 16:50
Littlestone wrote:

Ha, the poor sod won't know where to start!
He's in the best place at the moment as far as i'm concerned. :)
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 16:58
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Littlestone wrote:

Ha, the poor sod won't know where to start!
He's in the best place at the moment as far as i'm concerned. :)

I love this time of year as it's still warm because it's late in summer but is starting to smell of autumn.
Pages: 38 – [ Previous | 126 27 28 29 30 31 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index