The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Dogs off the lead / dogma on a lead

19 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
andygreyweather
94 posts

Re: Dogs off the lead / dogma on a lead
Jan 11, 2009, 13:47
Yup ... I am having a rant! LOL! A big huge enormous ****-off rant! I am clearly embracing middle age! But hey, read on:

Dog feces contain billions of coliform bacteria. These bacteria contaminate surface water when it is carried into storm drains, creeks, and lakes during storms. Coliforms are present in human waste, but our fecal matter is directed into sewage pipes in our houses and businesses. This sewage goes to waste water treatment plants which purify our water. Dog feces is left on the ground where it eventually finds its way into our natural waterways, contaminating and spoiling our swimming and fishing recreational areas. Current research has shown that dog feces is the one of the major player of this water pollution. Because of the serious environmental impact of fecal waste, it is paramount that all pet fecal waste is properly removed on a regular basis. Think about the next glass of water you drink. Is your water treatment plant doing its job?

Ho hum! Well that said it all really!

I hear the message about the new housing and find our planning laws as a whole bizarre! Yes I have had a bad experience resulting in some fool letting his wig with legs run across a road and at my leashed dogs ... and result? One injured lady needing an injection into her shoulder and a swollen knee ... all because her dog barked back and she slipped over on the ice as a result!

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index