Another WEEKEND!

9 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
vince
vince
1628 posts

Re: The Long Weekend
Apr 27, 2020, 18:26
Well I should have been preparing for my first Euro tour in some 16 years with Aussie band EDEN but inevitably it's postponed til 2021. On the positive side I've started work on a new album with 'em - remotely of course - we've been joined on drums by Phill Calvert (ex of the Birthday Party/Psychedelic Furs) so it's turning into...something interesting ("a veritable Goth supergroup!" as someone recently quipped..) Might make next years dates a bit more interesting.

Then there's the reissue of the first And Also The Trees album for the bands 40th anniversary. Bit of a labour of love this,trawling through archives, trying to fathom dates, write sleevenotes,dig up mastertapes,original slides etc. A long slog but quite nostalgic and not unenjoyable. Now i've got the album in my hands ready for a June release. What is is about the smell of a newly pressed album? Fills my heart with joy.

Been working from home for 45 days now...I say home, but actually at Ma's where i've been since coming home from the US. I've basically been living out of a suitcase now for 15 months and was just about to move into a nice little cottage before Covid...now fallen through as a result so back to square one. Sigh.

Hate this work from home thing. Don't know how some of you manage it.Drives me to distraction.

Can't get motivated to exercise (other than an early evening walk) and even the stack of books at the end of the bed that was going to fill the void has started gathering dust as I stare aimlessly at the ceiling. Ho hum. Must be time for another nap.

The Village Pump Index